Dean Ang / Brent Co | June 04, 2013 13:08
Classic and modern vehicles garners well-deserved awards
The recently concluded 2013 Trans Sport Show was packed with more than a hundred vehicles that were surely in line with the show's theme of 'Driving Generations'. Ranging from classic to modern vehicles, all the entries aspired to get an award for the amount of work they've poured into their vehicles. Although all seem to be nice and neat and even drew a lot of spectators, only a lucky few got the approval from the eyes of the panel of judges.
The entries that brought home major awards were the Toyota 86 nicknamed as the 'Blue Bunny 86' owned by Coy Enriquez that sported a full GReddy X Rocket Bunny wide bodykit repainted with a lighter hue of blue by Alex Restoration and Emperor Motorsport. It garnered numerous awards including the Best of Show (Contemporary), Best 86 and Best Bodykit (Imported).
For the Nostalgic division, it was first time Trans Sport Show competitor Meds Restoration that bagged the coveted Best of Show (Nostalgic) award for their 1984 Mitsubishi Lancer 'Boxtype', aside from the Best of Show award, it also won the Best in Paint (Nostalgic) and SEV Special Award of $2000 worth of SEV products from Japan.
Meanwhile, Reserve Best of Show Awards for the Nostalgic and Contemporary categories went to Karsten Jacob's 1966 Chevrolet Corvette and Art Galang's 2001 Audi TT Quattro, respectively. The Audi TT Quattro of Art Galang, which was painted by Jworks Unlimited also won the Best in Paint (Contemporary) and the Best Car Display awards.
Aside from the cars, the best booth and car show model were also recognized with the Best Pavillion Display award going to Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc.'s booth that constructed a replica of their gas station inside the exhibit floor. Ms. Trans Sport Show meanwhile went to Miss Jaymee Pagulayan.
Other special awards were also given to several other competitors and can be seen below:
- Best Engine Display : 1998 Acura Integra by Motul, Auto Circuit and H3 Autoworks
- Best Bodykit (Custom) : 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T by Atoy Customs
- Best Bodykit (Showroom) : 2013 Hyundai Elantra by Starbright Bodykits
- Exotic Car Award : 2006 Ford GT40 by Jworks Unlimited
- 1:1 Scale Model Award : F1 Replica by Atoy Customs
- Newcomer Award : 2008 Honda Civic FD by U2Y'Z Bodyworks
- New Product Award : 2009 Mitsubishi Strada by Speedlab's Plasti-Wrap
- Recycler's Award : 1956 Ford Fairlane by The New Autodresscode