Suzuki celebrates 25 years in the country
Suzuki motorcycles were first introduced in the Philippines in 1959 by Rufino D. Antonio & Associates, Inc., who handled nationwide distribution. In 1975, Antonio Suzuki Corporation was formed as a joint venture company to expand motorcycle sales. In 1985, Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan took over operations, establishing Suzuki Philippines as a wholly-owned subsidiary, handling both manufacturing and distribution of Suzuki motorcycles.
In 1999, the company marked another milestone when it took over automobile operations from Pilipinas Transport Industries, Inc. (PTII), thus expanding its product line to include automobiles, and becoming the only integrated automotive company in the country carrying a full range of two-wheel and four-wheel product lines.
In its 25-year history, Suzuki Philippines has built a heritage of trust and reliability, and starts a new chapter for the brand in the country.