The BMW Car Club of the Philippines successfully hosted its 10th annual BMW car show at the Filinvest Tent last May 4, 2013. Titled Bimmerfext X, the show allowed the club members share their passion for BMW and their prized car collections to the general public.
"We do this show every year during the summer month of May to celebrate our passion for the marquee" says Edwin D. Reyes, club president of the BMWCCP. "BMW has two taglines, 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' and 'Joy'. We want to share the joys of the ultimate driving machine to the general public during Bimmerfest."
To mark the brand's 10th year of presence in the Philippines, Asian Car Makers Corporation, the exclusive importer and distributor of BMW in the Philippines allowed the guests to experience this joy by letting them test drive various BMW vehicles during the event.
"To experience 'Joy' it must be shared" added Reyes.
The highlight of Bimmerfest X is the show and shine competition where club members and guests vie for a chance to win in several categories. The winners of this year’s competition are the following:
- Best in Show - Martin Aguirre E9 3.0 CS
- Best in Heritage - Galie Santana e30 325i
- Best in Modern - Edwin Reyes e90 320i exec.
- Best in Special - Ferdi Sia e60 M5
- Best in Interior - Chiko Ward e46 M Sport
- Best in Exterior - Carlo Aguilar e46 M3
- Best Newbie - Moe Carandang
- Best Motorrad - Roy Bolisay R69S
- Bimmerfest Fanatic - Chiko Ward & Ogie Abastillas
- Hall of Fame - Jun Veloso e92 M3
- People's Choice - Rommel Grageda e36 325ci
- Best Guest Club Display - Jojo Bautista (BMW Owners Society of Saferiders) with his BMW R1200 GS motorrad.
Bimmerfest X this year was also participated in by the BMW Owners Society of Saferiders or BOSS. The official BMW club for motorbikes.