Cosworth, a high-performance engineering company, launched Power Packages for the Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86.
The company says they are set to "revolutionize its approach to aftermarket products by focusing on validated Power Packages that is suitable for warranty by vehicle manufacturers."
Cosworth claims that the Power Packages were developed using the same methods employed in Formula One and sports car racing. With this, it can take the engine’s power output from the standard 200 PS to 330 PS and eventually on to a 385 PS race track configuration.
Each upgrade Stage builds upon the previous one that allows the customers an affordable path to improve the performance of their vehicles.
Cosworth says the FA20 Stage 1 Power Package is immediately available that offers a power increase of up to 233 PS.
The FA20 Stage 1 Power Package features the following:
(1) A Cosworth premium quality, free flow sports exhaust that features two 4" diagonally cut, branded, double wall tips and a stylish "Y" shaped back muffler/silencer manufactured in partnership with Nameless Performance, specialists in the exhaust sector.
(2) A "Power by Cosworth" calibration kit to maximize peak performance to 228 PS.
(3) A black, thermally coated 4-2-1 manifold header option, which helps to significantly reduce under hood/bonnet temperatures that boost output with calibration to 233 PS while bringing a 22 percent weight reduction on the standard manifold.
(4) An exclusive Cosworth vehicle badge and a uniquely numbered Cosworth authentication plaque.
(5) A Cosworth performance filtration solution and low temperature thermostat.
The Stage 1 kit is priced at USD 2,799 (about PHP 122,000), but it only includes a cat-back exhaust. Stage 1.2 includes the overpipe and Stage 1.3 incorporates the ceramic-coated manifold. However, Cosworth has not yet announced the price for the other two Stage kits.