Eric Tipan / Autoindustriya.com | January 22, 2016 12:07
Ilocos tourism gets boost from DPWH road works
Driving to the Bangui Windmills, the La Paz sand dunes and various other scenic spots in the Ilocos region is now easier than ever before thanks to the road improvements made by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) last year.
A total of 16 access roads in Region 1 were improved and rehabilitated for a total cost of PhP 1.1 billion under the DPWH-Department of Tourism (DOT) Convergence Program.
"Tourists now travel conveniently to see closely and feel the breeze brought by the well-known wind turbines in Bangui town of Ilocos Norte with the completion of PhP 63 million construction and improvement of Bantoc-Suyo-Baruyen access road leading to the Bangui Wind Farm situated along the shoreline of Bangui Bay. We also have paved roads to Darna Falls, Tambobong Beach and more," said DPWH Region 1 Director Melanio C. Briosos.
Motorists sightseeing in the Ilocos region now have better roads leading to the following tourist areas:
- Napidad View Deck and Water Falls in Takulao
- Aringay-Tubao Alternate Road leading to Asin Hot Spring
- Naguilian-Bagulin Road leading to Tuddingan Falls and Kedlap Burial Cave
- Darna Falls in Dumalneg
- Maranum Falls and Sky Plaza in Natividad
- Laoag-La Paz Sand Dunes
- Tubeg Viewdeck
- Imelda Park
- Mt. Sicapno Camp Site in Nueva Era
- Saud Beach in Pagudpud
- Various waterfalls in the municipality of Adams
- Tambobong Beach in Dasol
- Mt. Balungao Hot and Cold Springs and Balungao Hilltop Adventure
- Bolo Beach, Alaminos City
- Patar Beach and Bolinao Lighthouse in Bolinao
- San Angel Dam Ecotourism Site in the town of Rosales
According to DPWH Secretary Rogelio L. Singson, the agency still plans to expand the road network in the Ilocos region in 2016 by constructing more access roads to other tourist destinations.