Another Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) event is set to happen today in Pasig City and it is expected to cause major traffic in the area, which is already populated by a major school, and the nearby business and commercial district of Ortigas.
The INC will hold their regular evangelical mission ‘Lingap Pamamahayag’ today at the Philsports Arena (formerly known as the ULTRA). The Pasig Traffic and Parking Management Office (TPMO) has indicated that the event will start at 12NN but expect buses and guests to arrive much earlier.
The Pasig TPMO has also released an advisory regarding the rerouting scheme for motorists in order to avoid the traffic caused by the INC event will be held.
Parking for INC guests and buses:
- Inside the Philsports Arena - VIP
- Along St. Martin Street (one-side only) – light vehicles
- Along Molave Street (one-side only) – light vehicles
- Along Lanuza Avenue (one-side only) – buses
- Along St. Paul Road (one-side only) – buses
- MMDA Compound – buses
- Capt. Henry Javier (from Philsports Arena to MERALCO Ave.) – buses
- MERALCO Avenue (from Capt. Henry Javier to Shaw Blvd.) – buses
- Along Julia Vargas Avenue – buses
- Along Capt. Henry Javier – emergency vehicles and buses
Traffic rerouting for motorists:
- All vehicles from Capt. Henry Javier going to MERALCO Ave. (westbound) should take St. Martin Street then left to Molave Street and then left to St. Paul Road to destination
- All vehicles from St. Martin Street going to MERALCO Ave. take Molave Street then left to St. Paul Road to destination
- All vehicles from MERALCO Ave. going to St. Martin Street take St. Paul Road to destination
- All vehicles from MERALCO Ave. going to Oranbo Street take Shaw Blvd. left to Danny Floro Street and then left to Capt. Henry Javier.
- All vehicles from MERALCO Ave. going to Capitol Commons take Estancia entrance to destination