The Metro Manila Development Authority(MMDA) is bracing up for the holiday season and will be making some adjustments to ease up traffic flow in and around the metro. The MMDA has just posted on their Facebook page some guidelines on the 'Modified Truck Ban' rules that will be implemented starting December 7, 2012 until January 6 next year.
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Cargo trucks and heavy vehicles having a gross capacity of more than 4,500 kilograms are covered by the new modified truck ban rules.
2. The modified truck ban hours shall be from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM and from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM every day except Sundays and Holidays.
3. The total truck ban covers the whole stretch of EDSA from Magallanes, Makati City to Balintawak, Quezon City shall be implemented the whole day from Monday to Sunday.
4. The modified uniform truck ban hours shall be implemented from December 7, 2012 to January 6, 2013.
5. Cargo trucks loaded with perishable and agricultural cargo, and those having a gross capacity weight of less than 4,500 kilograms shall be exempted from the new rules and shall continue to be covered by the existing Truck Ban Ordinance.
Chevrolet celebrates 60 years of Corvette
The Chevrolet Corvette, which has been famous for its enviable looks and powerful performance throughout its existence, will be celebrating its 60th year Anniversary next year.