The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) released a memorandum on the deferment of the proposed June 28 “Bayanihan sa Daan” road sharing exercise.
The MMDA said that the proposed “Bayanihan sa Daan” road sharing exercise, happening on June 28, 2015 (Sunday) was to be “deferred to a later date” because of the following reasons:
(1) SM Mall of Asia has a previously scheduled fun run on the same date and its conformity to the “Bayanihan sa Daan” could not be secured;
(2) There are DPWH reblocking and road repair projects in EDSA
(3) Administrative difficulties within the Agency;
(4) Lack of a widespread public information campaign from the proponent about the “Bayanihan sa Daan” road sharing exercise; and
(5) Weekend Mall Sales along EDSA
As previously reported, the “Bayanihan sa Daan” road sharing exercise will close the two outer lanes of the north- and south-bound lanes of EDSA from Ortigas up to the SM Mall of Asia.