Eric Tipan / MMDA | January 06, 2015 07:28
Black Nazarene route from the Quirino Grandstand to Quiapo Church
The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has released the vehicle rerouting scheme set in place to help motorists navigate areas of Manila that will be affected by the 2015 Black Nazarene procession on Friday, January 9.
Set to start at 7am, the procession starts from the Quirino Grandstand and go through various parts of Manila before ending up at Quiapo Church.
Attendees of the procession are advised to not take their cars and to instead take public transportation going to the event.
Katigbak Drive, South Drive, MacArthur Bridge, Jones Bridge, Quezon Bridge, Roxas Boulevard (from Katigbak Drive to TM Kalaw Avenue), both lanes of Quezon Boulevard from Andalucia/Fugoso to España/P. Campa southbound and Taft Avenue northbound will be closed to vehicular traffic on January 9.
The following routes have been set by the MMDA to help motorists and PUVs get around during this event:
- All vehicles coming from Quezon City through España should turn right at P. Campa, left Andalucia, right Fugoso, left T. Mapua to point of destination.
- All PUJs/light vehicles coming from España going to South Pier Zone should turn left at Nicanor Reyes, right C.M. Recto Avenue, straight to R-10, then left at R-10 to Delpan Bridge to destination.
- All vehicles coming from the northern part of Manila planning to go through Bonifacio Drive southbound should turn right at Roberto S. Oca St., left Delgado, left Bonifacio Drive (for Port Area Offices) or right to A. Soriano to Magallanes Drive, right P. Burgos, straight to Lagusnilad to Taft Avenue.
- All vehicles from south of the metro planning to go through P. Burgos should take T.M. Kalaw, left Taft Avenue, right at Ayala to Ayala Bridge to destination.
- Private vehicles intending to pass by northbound section of Roxas Boulevard should turn right at Pres. Quirino Avenue and take Mabini Bridge (Nagtahan Bridge) to point of destination.
- All PUJs plying Monumento-Gasak-Recto intending to drive along Andalucia through Recto should turn right to Fugoso and right Oroqueta to point of origin.
- All vehicles coming from Legard should turn right C.M. Recto Avenue or left Mendiola to destination.
- All buses coming from the eastern part of Manila (G-Liner/RRCG) through Legarda should turn right C.M. Recto Avenue, right at Morayta, right at España, right at Lacson Avenue, right at Earnshaw then left at Legarda to point of origin.
- All buses coming from Taft Avenue going to Fairview should turn right to U.N. Avenue up to Otis, left Nagtahan, straight to A.H. Lacson Avenue, right at España to point of origin.
- All buses from the southern part of Manila (Laguna and Cavite) through Taft Avenue are not allowed to enter from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.; they are only allowed up to Remedios Street, right San Marcelino back to point of origin.