Php 60 billion worth of roads to PH tourist destinations to be completed
DPWH finishing 1,549 kms of roads for Tourism Road Infrastructure
Long drives somehow perfectly complement long weekends and under the Department of Toursim and Department of Public Works and Highways Convergence Program, motorists are now getting an extra 1,549 kilometers of roads leading to popular tourist destinations in the Philippines.
Using Php60 billion from the government’s Tourism Road Infrastructure allocation, the road works spanned four years since 2011, financing 463 projects that involved ‘construction, upgrading, rehabilitation, and improvement of roads and bridges including slope protection works with a total length of 2,502 kilometers.’
110 of the 463 projects have already been completed, 316 are still under constructions and 37 are still under the engineering and procurement stage.
Below is a list of roads that have already been completed or are still being worked on:
- 6-kilometer with two (2) lane tunnel road known as Ternate-Nasugbu Road connecting the coastal towns of Ternate, Cavite and Nasugbu, Batangas
- 5.6-kilometer access road to Puerto Princesa City Underground River also leading to mangrove forest, white sand beach, Sabang zipline and Ugong rock mountain in Palawan
- 44.6-kilometer Taytay-El Nido Road, Palawan
- 11-kilometer Ambangeg Junction National Road to Mount Pulag, known for its magnificent view of sunrise and sunset, in Benguet
- 24-kilometer access roads to Donsol, Sorsogon famous for whale shark viewing locally known as Butanding
- 41-kilometer Panglao Island Circumferential Road leading to location of Bohol’s beach resorts and dive spots
- 31-kilometer Island Garden City of Samal Circumferential Road which provides access to Pearl Farm Beach Resort and Samal Botanical Garden in Samal Island, Davao del Norte.
- 4-kilometer construction and improvement of Junction Ilocos Norte-Abra Road which serves as gateway to ecotourism spots of the mountainous municipality of Nueva Era, Ilocos Norte, which gives access to the Tubeg Viewdeck, Imelda Park and Hercules Mines Access to Mt. Sicapo Camp Site.