Hyundai, for the third straight year, has collaborated with powertrain experts Bisimoto Engineering to create a Sonata with 717.8 PS that will be put on display at the 2014 Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) Show on November 4-7, 2014.
Using the Sonata’s 2.4L Theta-II 4-cylinder engine, Bisimoto strengthened internal components – forged pistons, connecting rods, a high-revving valve train and camshafts, added a high-boost turbocharger and flex-fuel capability allowing this Sonata to put out 717.8 PS.
Paired with a 6-speed manual transmission and christened the 2015 Bisimoto Engineering Sonata, it seats four for a ride that can rival supercars in the market.
The vehicle will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on November 4.
“With a proven and efficient 2.4-liter engine as a starting platform and a sophisticated, sleek, four-door design, the 2015 Sonata was the perfect candidate for this year’s build. Outrageous power is nothing without reliability, and it was a firm goal to retain the reliability that Hyundai is known for. After hundreds of hours of testing, failure analysis and prototyping, 18 new products will be engineered and produced in house to produce 708 horsepower from the Sonata,” said Bisi Ezerioha, owner and chief engineer, Bisimoto Engineering.
Completing the extensive modification are upgrades done inside and out. The body is wrapped in custom laminated graphics while racing harnesses were added inside for safety. It has a front splitter, an aero package, 18-inch aluminum wheels and a stainless exhaust system.
Here is the complete list of the 2015 Bisimoto Engineering Sonata modifications:
2.4-LITER THETA II ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
- Bisimoto-tuned 2.4L Theta-II engine
- Bisimoto intake gasket
- Web Level 2.4 camshafts
- Turbonetics TNX 82/64 turbocharger
- Turbonetics blow-off valve
- Turbonetics wastegate
- Deatschwerks 2200cc Injectors
- R&R steel connecting rods
- Arias forged pistons
- AEM Infinity 6 ECU, and smart coils
- Spearco intercooler
- Golden Eagle sleeved block, and intake manifold
- Griffin Radiator
- Supertech valvetrain
- Vibrant Vanjen clamps and stainless hardware
- Magnafuel 750 fuel pump
- ARP head studs
- Portflow custom headwork
- VP E85R Fuel
- Kinsler fuel filters
- PurOl Elite Synthetic Oils
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Bisimoto roll cage
- Progress coil-over suspension and sway bar
- Fifteen52 18x8 Tarmac aluminum wheels
- ARP wheel studs
- Bisimoto-spec Action Ironman Clutch
- Extreme Autowerks custom laminated body wrap
- Type 2 graphics
- Bisimoto splitter
- Wasp Composites Aero package
- Denmatic design scheme
- Burns Stainless muffler and hardware
- Bisimoto reservoir socks
- Racepack IQ3 dash
- AEM wideband gauges
- Odyssey ER-25MJ dry cell battery
- Electronics Management mil-spec harness
- G&J braided lines
- EK Auto Worx interior paint