Shelby American Inc. is selling off 11 concept and prototype vehicles that includes a 2010 Shelby Super Snake, 2007 Shelby GT, 2013 Shelby Raptor and many more.
As the company moved to a new headquarters, they offer some of their concept and prototype vehicles for sale. The Shelby vehicles that are up for grabs are some of the most significant cars that the company has built.
Gary Patterson, Vice President Sales and Marketing of Shelby American Inc., said that the car sale is meant to make room for their new garage.
"We would rather see them put into homes and collections where they will be used and cherished rather than sitting in our warehouse," Patterson said.
The 11 Shelby vehicle for sale are the following:
(1) The Shelby Cobra Demonstrator/Development vehicle – built by Shelby American and completed by Nostalgia Motor cars as a 289FIA spec racer. It is equiiped with a 5.0-liter engine (302 cu) mated to a 4-speed transmission.
(2) The 2007 Shelby GT prototype – the first production Shelby to sport a wide body modification. Ford used the said vehicle during the original promotion shots taken at the Valley of Fire and at the Las Vegas Motor speedway.
(3) The 2010 Shelby Super Snake concept – a vehicle that was built by Shelby American as the first Super Snake of the revised body stye in 2010. It was also featured on the cover of the Shelby Annual magazine in 2009.
(4) The 2011 Shelby Super Snake prototype – it features a 5.4-liter aluminum block engine and was the first of two prototype vehicles developed for 2011 Super Snakes. Some performance components of this vehicle include a 760 PS Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger, cooling package, six piston front and rear brakes and custom Shelby interior.
(5) The 2011 Shelby Super Snake prototype – a company demonstrator/development car for the 2011 Super Snake program.
(6) The 2011 GTS concept – equipped with a 482 PS V6 engine with manual six-speed transmission. The company said it was featured in magazine articles where it accelerated 0-100 km/h in 4.4 seconds.
(7) The 2012 Shelby GTS Wide Body prototype – has a 5.0-liter V8 engine with six-speed manual transmission. The GTS is fitted with a custom Shelby front fascia, grill and hood.
(8) The 2013 GT350 prototype – built as the first show car for the 2013 model year and has a 651 PS supercharged engine, four piston rear breaks, cooling package and premium interior. It sports a “Gotta Have It Green” exterior paint.
(9) The 2013 GT350 prototype – a car that was built for track use demonstrator and features a 633 PS supercharged engine, Recaro seats, gauges and six piston Wilwood brakes in the front and four piston callipers in the rear.
(10) The 2013 Shelby Raptor concept – equipped with a 6.2-liter engine that delivers 583 PS. It was also used as a test and development vehicle. It has a Shelby Method wheels, Stealth bumpers, LED bumper lights, front and rear LED rack lights, King Shocks, frame strengthening, upper and lower control arms, spare tire, engine / trans and rear skid plates, HID head lights, navigation, and premium stereo.
(11) The 2013 Focus concept – a vehicle that is powered by a 2.3-liter four cylinder engine that delivers 264 PS. It comes with a custom interior, 18-inch Michelin tires, Wilwood brakes, Eibach suspension, Hydro dip styling cues throughout the exterior and engine compartment, engine mounts and performance Shelby hood.
ARC Refreshments adds more Mitsubishi and Fuso vehicles to fleet
ARC Refreshments recently expanded its delivery fleet with brand new Fuso trucks and Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab pickups.
Ford lowers fuel economy ratings of six US market models
Approximately 200,000 Ford vehicles affected in the United States