Volkswagen delivered 4.36 million vehicles from January to September 2013. The number rises by 3.6% compared to the 4.21 million vehicles delivered over the same period in 2012. In September 2013 alone, over 526,300 vehicles were delivered to customers compared to 492,800 vehicles in September 2012, meriting a 6.8% rise.
The data below are the figures for specific regions where Volkswagen delivers vehicles:
- Asia-Pacific region: 1.95 million units, +16.5%
- North American region: 466,000 units, +2.1%
- South American region: 542,500 units, -13.4%
- European region: 1.23 million units, -5.7%
Here is the count for specific countries:
- China (excluding Hong Kong): 1.79 million units, +18.2%
- India: 45,900 units, -10%
- USA: 314,800 units, -2.6%
- Germany: 410,300 units, -8.2%
- Brazil: 407,400 units, -16.3%
- Russia: 117,200 units, -4.7%
Despite decline in some countries, deliveries in China pulled up the figures for Volkswagen.
Just last September 27, Volkswagen re-launched in the Philippines with the newly-formed partnership with the Ayala Group. The current Volkswagen line up will begin with the Jetta, Touran, Tiguan and Touareg. Next year, more models will follow including the 21st Century Beetle, Phaeton, among others.