With Williams having yet to announce their Formula One driver's line up for the next season, Felipe Massa has already spoken out about his future plans. The 36-year old Brazilian has revealed that he plans to join Formula E should he decide to retire from Formula One, once again, or not be retained in William's line up next season.
Massa had previously retired from Formula One at the end of the last season. However, the Williams team persuaded him to rejoin after ex-teammate Valtteri Bottas moved to Mercedes-AMG. Earlier in the year, Massa had also began talks with Williams in extending his stay in Formula One. So far, the team has yet to announce a new line up.
Prior to the Italian Grand Prix last Sunday, Autosport managed to ask the Brazilan driver if he had any plans if Formula One was not an option next season.
"Yes, Formula E. But I don't know when. I did a test with them. When I decide to stop F1, I was talking with some teams and with Formula E,” Massa told Autosport.
During his brief retirement, Massa said he did some testing for Jaguar and spoke to the team about a 2016-2017 drive. Massa added however that he was only curious about the Formula E car and how it drove. He further adds that the two series are incomparable as they are completely different.
At the moment, Massa says he has yet to decided which steps to take in the future. He adds that he is still motivated to compete in Formula One, meaning the switch the Formula E might not come anytime soon should he be retained for the next season.