News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Napapalitan pa yng gear ratio nang A/T

Started by DOT., February 04, 2004, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOT.

Pwede ba yun?  I drive a 95 Corolla GLi na A/T.  Gusto ko kasi na pagtinapakan ko yng gas nang todo nde sha magshishift hangang sa redline.  Pwede bang pa adjust yng gear ratio? Ginagawa ko kasi hinohold ko sha sa L hangang mag-redline sha. ;D Is that bad?

01 Corolla S -- 15" TOM'S New Action -- Falken RT-615 -

Raymond

AFAIK di na puwedeng palitan ng gear ratios iyong mga matic. Except na lang siguro kung may mag-fit na ibang matic tranny models from other Toyota models. Pero malabo since you have to change ECU (AFAIK also sila iyong nag-cocontrol ng shifting pattern), which would be another problem.

I've come across some term/gadget/device na magpapataas ng launch/stall rpm mo. If I'm correct mr. johnqpublic318 added an input on that thread, which I can't recall kung andito pa. Try searching it na lang siguro.

HTH :)

KeWlRyDs

in theory, you can change the gear ratios of an a/t tranny as long as you can find gear sets that will fit and match your application. aside from that, a/t's ecu would have to be reprogrammed for the ratio changes. not a very easy task mind you.

if your only need is for your a/t tranny to shift at redline, just mash on the accelerator and let the ecu do the rest. a/t trannies now have different shiftpoints programed into their ecus to make the most of almost any situation. from a standstill, floor the accelerator and just keep it floored, the tranny will surely shift at the redline or close to it. and just as raimond mentioned, there are reprograming kits available to alter the ecu's programing.

DOT.

Ah... ok. thanks sa replies. Last question n lng, is it bad to hold the gear in L till it reaches the red line then move it to 2?

Thanks again.  ;)

01 Corolla S -- 15" TOM'S New Action -- Falken RT-615 -

bRri_GD3

AFAIK masama yun since ang lam ko wala din rev limit ang engine mo correct me if im wrong kc i drive an esi matic alm ko walang rev limit din yun akin cut off ko 6.5krpm bago sya mag shift into 2nd gear
and masama din yun for exmple sa case ko
nilagy ko sa d3 or 2 then shift ko sa d4 nakakasira ng tranny yun and yun rev mo ng mataas habang nasa neutral tpos shift ka into d4

HTH! :)

johnqpublic318

Quote from: DOT. on February 06, 2004, 08:36:45 PM
Ah... ok. thanks sa replies. Last question n lng, is it bad to hold the gear in L till it reaches the red line then move it to 2?

Thanks again.  ;)

No, but you won't get faster times by doing that unless you have an old vehicle.

For modern vehicles, leave trans in "D", power-brake or brake torque by pressing the brake with left foot and flooring accelerator with right foot.  Let engine reach max-stall speed then release brake to launch.  This will slip the torque converter and help build boost if your vehicle has force induction.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel