News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Latest restaurants you've tried

Started by R-A-Y, July 24, 2004, 09:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Menchie

Quote from: crash! on October 02, 2004, 09:20:36 PM
tempura in tomas morato

sarap ng food, not that expensive, good service

is this the same tempura na mey kapitbahay na cafe capreal?

dko na maalala yun place eh.

== Listen only to sound you'd like to Hear. Look only to objects you desire to See. Touch only the things you choose to Feel. ==

R-A-Y

Just tried out Conways in Shangri-La Makati. It's a very sassy bar with nice ambience and very very low lighting. For a hotel bar and resto, the food was pretty good and reasonably priced, not to mention that it comes in a pretty generous quantity, although I think that they need to expand their selection a little bit more. They have happy hour from 5-9pm wherein you can drink all the San Miguel beer products that you can within that time or their Hardy's Shiraz. Acoustic is very well taken into consideration. No excessive echoes and the sounds are well balanced so as not to drown your voice but still set the mood.

The live band who was playing there at that time was Ntwine. This is what I have to say about them: Absolutely amazing!!!! Will try and see where this band will be playing next because I love their voices as well as their appeal.

mayk

mr kebab, steak joint, dannylicious, ersao, and manangs! sulit lahat yan! =)

ne1 tried old spag house sa may ktipunan?

oh, and im celebratin my birthday soon, balak ko lunch lang with family. suggestions naman po =) qc-ortigas area sana.

R-A-Y

Quote from: mayk on October 10, 2004, 07:29:56 PM
mr kebab, steak joint, dannylicious, ersao, and manangs! sulit lahat yan! =)

ne1 tried old spag house sa may ktipunan?

oh, and im celebratin my birthday soon, balak ko lunch lang with family. suggestions naman po =) qc-ortigas area sana.

Try that My Angel's Kitchen along Connecticut, beside the Kamameshi house. Highly recommended not only by me, but a handful of people as well.

BlackBlood

charlie's wanton sa may haig street near shaw. di siya saucy place mukhang regular eatery lang pero ang sarap sobra ng wanton noodle at pancit canton nila pati chili nila masarap din  :D
"can we take a ride? get out of this place while we still have time" Jimmy eat world - work

R-A-Y

Just tried the new Japanese restaurant in Metrowalk named Misato. What I remember about this place is that there was this American from the other table saying that the people who run this place know how to make authentic Japanese cuisine, and he was talking about this fried stuff he ordered. Well IMO it is more of a modern Japanese restuarant (think fo Saisaki and Takayama). When seen from outside, this place looks like some sort of elitist restaurant, but the ambience inside just screams family and friend kind of dining. Really relaxed :) Waiters are very courteous although a bit softspoken that sometimes it becomes difficult to hear them out. But don't let that distract you from their good service.
As for the food, well since it is more fo a modern Japanese restaurant, expect some crazy new dishes like the greeen fried chicken that I tried. It is actually chicken mixed in a batter of special herbs to give this unique taste when partnered with the teriyako sauce served with it. It still tasted like the normal fried chicken though. ;D My girlfriend ordered the Gyudon and I have to agree with her that it is one of the bet tasting Gyudons I have sampled. Their unagi roll is not so bad either. Complementary house tea is available upon request ;)
For a first timer to the place like us, it was easy to knwo what to try out first since they have labeled their bestsellers with a small rice roll drawing beside the name. The echo of the place does not make it that suitable for those mellow moments, but if you are with a group of friends or you would want to treat some girl out in a place that doesn't have to be fine dining but still offer good food (as a matter of fact, some fine dining restaurants here in the metro don't even offer good food at all :P ) then this is a good place. They even have an al fresco area outside where they have the grill that cooks those grilled entrees ;) Price? expect something similar to that of Dencios with a little bit more.

Chi

somehow i craved for donuts awhile ago, and so we tried Cello's in katipunan. Their donuts are good, melts well in every bite haha :) but seriously even wala ung topping or dips, it's really good. it's been up like a month or two, i think, but i got to visit it now lang. it's a donut resto much like krispy kremes or gonuts. :)

fafa_roland

i beliv Misato or that jap in metrowalk is also a part of the Saisaki group of restos.

Enweis i tried Rasa Restaurant in Araneta Col. not good at all. pricey na di pa masarap.

R-A-Y

Just came from Trellis in Market Market (Long Waiting Line :o !!!)

Trellis is basically Dencios during the 1980s. And yes, the ceilings are filled with... trellises ;D (or is it relles? What's the plural of thsi word anyway? ???)

It's basically the same Dencios/ Gerry's kind of food with the Dencio/ Gerry's kind of price as well. They pride themselves with their crispy pata. Couple their crispy pata with the spicy dip it comes with, it is definitely a  winner. If you are out for some crispy and crunchy sisig, this is not the place to go to. Their sisig is more on the soft kind.

They have a lighter ambience, which is something I really like. The lights are easy to the eyes, since it is more fo the yellowish hue, but it is very much sufficient if you woould contact your business with some crispy pata and beer on the side  ;D

BEU_555

Quote from: R-A-Y on October 10, 2004, 10:23:06 PM
Try that My Angel's Kitchen along Connecticut, beside the Kamameshi house. Highly recommended not only by me, but a handful of people as well.

Saw that place na.. ang cute parang ang cozy  :) ok ba price dun mga hw much price ng food nila? :)

R-A-Y

Quote from: BEU_555 on November 05, 2004, 11:19:16 PM
Saw that place na.. ang cute parang ang cozy  :) ok ba price dun mga hw much price ng food nila? :)

Price is pretty ok. Expect to pay at an average around 300 bucks per head, which includes a drink and dessert. :)

BEU_555

Quote from: R-A-Y on November 06, 2004, 01:19:41 PM
Price is pretty ok. Expect to pay at an average around 300 bucks per head, which includes a drink and dessert. :)

icic ok yung place pang date ko next time hehe! meron sako na try last night sa glorietta chef angelo's ata ung name ok sha masarap yung food  :) parang tgif na fastfood stly, mas mura pa yung price  ;D

EK3 Ferio

Meron na daw Taco Bell sa Araneta Center! Wahoo finally may nagpasok na din nang Taco Bell! I gotta try it. I hope its not far from itsreal flava! :P  ;D
[url=http://Moonchild08.dragonadopters.com/dragon_

kyle

QuoteMeron na daw Taco Bell sa Araneta Center! Wahoo finally may nagpasok na din nang Taco Bell! I gotta try it. I hope its not far from itsreal flava!    

i went there last week... its open na on the Gateway mall kaso i went there around 10pm na kaya sarado na! :( i really have to try it again... if it tastes the same as the one in the states

tele-tubby

Quote from: BEU_555 on November 07, 2004, 03:27:15 PM
icic ok yung place pang date ko next time hehe! meron sako na try last night sa glorietta chef angelo's ata ung name ok sha masarap yung food  :) parang tgif na fastfood stly, mas mura pa yung price  ;D

pucha nagmahal na fridays.  at least p600 per head na ata...
a bit of rock & a whole lotta soul
www.soundclick.com/snakecharmer

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel