News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

Latest restaurants you've tried

Started by R-A-Y, July 24, 2004, 09:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

R-A-Y

2nd's: Comfort Food Revisited

This is located in the old Mag:Net cafe. Great comfort food, although a bit pricey. Nice restaurant/bistro where you can just hang out at the bar for some cocktails (they were VERY generous with the alcohol they placed in Love Lynne's Cosmopolitan. Much to her delight ;D ) or get something from their menu that will be expanding soon :) (They're still on soft opening)

We got their prime rib costing about 1,600 for a 350g steak. a bit on the upside but yuou get what you pay for. You have an option of sides, and we got their great tasting crispy fries and mac n' cheese with truffle oil :)

2nd's is definitely worth a second visit ;D read more here:
http://www.lynne-enroute.com/2011/01/10/2nds-youll-come-back-for-it/

chicong22

Quote from: R-A-Y on October 31, 2010, 04:42:07 PM
Oh, I know everyone has probably tried and raved about Buon Giorno, but if you are looking for light meals, i believe their menu too can satisfy :) We tried their pumpkin soup and omeletes with a dalandan shake. Very refreshing as it matches the cool breeze of Tagaytay :)

Do visit them there soon, though, since they said they are closing it down :( They will move the branch somewhere here in Manila.

Be sure to write in their dedication notebook, too :)

Buon Giorno just opened at Rockwell Business Center at Ortigas. :D hehe langhiya, they didnt close their Tagaytay Branch daw said the waiter. Food was great as usual. :)

R-A-Y

They didn't? That's great!!! I was wondering why they even contemplated on closing it when they have the best view of the lake in that commercial complex :)

Post Merge: January 16, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Oh BTW: Do try out Torch by Peppermill in Connecticut St., Greenhills. Food is great and some of them are fun to eat (We got their steak fondue and it was fun getting the meat cubes cooked by yourself to you liking :)

http://www.lynne-enroute.com/2011/01/13/torch-fire-up-your-taste-buds/

The place can use a change in the acoustics, though. Every sound in the indoor dining area bounces off the walls. Other than that, the variety of comfort and fusion food will keep you coming back to sample more :)

Brent

Tried Shi Lin, 3rd floor, Podium tonight upon recommendation from borly. Pretty good place. Best Xiao Long Bao in Manila so far, not Din Tai Foong level yet, but pretty good for its price (Php210 for 10 pieces). Menu is almost an exact copy of Din Tai Foong.

Cheesekewrls

Alex III is so good. Makes me wanna come back with their food there.  :banana:

R-A-Y

Can I just rave about how glad I am that Papa John's is finally in Manila ;D ?

http://www.lynne-enroute.com/2011/02/16/papa-johns-pizza-better-makes-best/

Great tasting ingredients and the oh so crispy/chewy/sweet/wheat-like tasting dough that just wants you want to get another slice every time ;D

pinoyk20

wow i must try papa johns! thanks sa mga post boss ray! lagi namin trinatry yung mga resto na pinpost mo!! ehehehehe and masarap talaga sila!!

kolokoy

R-A-Y

Quote from: pinoyk20 on February 16, 2011, 03:41:56 PM
wow i must try papa johns! thanks sa mga post boss ray! lagi namin trinatry yung mga resto na pinpost mo!! ehehehehe and masarap talaga sila!!

Hehe thanks also :) I actually only go with what my girlfriend also posts in her blog ;D But do remember that our taste preferences are all different. Still, I'm glad you found some of the stuff we share interesting and worth trying :D

chicong22

Quote from: R-A-Y on February 17, 2011, 10:40:48 AM
Hehe thanks also :) I actually only go with what my girlfriend also posts in her blog ;D But do remember that our taste preferences are all different. Still, I'm glad you found some of the stuff we share interesting and worth trying :D

thanks R-A-Y! hehe tried papa john's last night. Okay nga! hehehe

czn030

I will definitely try this Papa John's!! Just went to Mang Jimmy's located near UP Diliman. Ang sarap ng lechon kawali at tapa mix nila.  :fingers:
"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people".

FJ-Diesel

Sa mahihilig sa sea foods, kagagaling ko lang from carascal, surigao del sur. Simpleng restauran d sya high class ung pang probinsya talaga, food was great and the price was very cheap. Beside Bun-ot bridge, parang  floating restaurant

pipili ka lang ng fresh sea foods, pwedeng ipaluto ng sinabaw, inihaw(sugba sa bisaya) or deep fried
they also have live lobster pero i forgot to ask the price.

ang house specialty is tinolang Lapu-lapu at 160 per kilo
Pusit also 160 per kilo and ang pinakamaliit nilang pusit is the size of an iPad

ang mga na order namin tinolang lapu-lapu, inihaw na lapu-lapu, kinilaw na lapulapu, fried lapu-lapu, prawns and sizzling squid. worth P480 lang

pinoyk20

basta kami po nung gf ko we make sure to try the resto na pinopost nyo boss ray heeheheheh

last valentines day we tried M2M at new world grabe one of the best dinner that we had!!

Brent

This is from last month pa. Mana-ish and More! in Jupiter. Pretty good authentic middle eastern food.

http://www.brentco.net/journal/2011/01/a-different-kind-of-mnm/

R-A-Y

Quote from: Brent on February 19, 2011, 09:57:52 PM
This is from last month pa. Mana-ish and More! in Jupiter. Pretty good authentic middle eastern food.

http://www.brentco.net/journal/2011/01/a-different-kind-of-mnm/

Looks good! I'm always a fan of persian/middle eastern cuisine so will visti this too.

I also read that Carol's doesn't serve good baby back ribs hehehe. Anything else aside from the chicken cheesesteak that you can recommend?

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel