News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Latest restaurants you've tried

Started by R-A-Y, July 24, 2004, 09:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

R-A-Y

Just triedd 2 restos this weekend:

Gaudi: Located at 4th floor, Greenbelt 3. Look for it near Chimara. It's a Spanish steak place. The white walls and random mosaic tiles coupled with flowing wood in random portions of the ceilings and floors plus those colorful glass lanters show that it is inspired by the coastal Spanish cafe look. Food is pretty ok, although their best seller is really their steak, which they show you how it is conditioned before it is cooked. They cook it halfway in the kitchen and let it finish off in your dinner table using a very presentable hot plate with salt heated by an alcohol flame underneath. Makes sure that you really get it while it's hot ;) Of course, with good steak comes good wine ;) Pretty expensive place, though, but it's a nice place to treat your business clients to if they are a fan of meat ;D

Paparazzi: Italian resto inside Edsa Shangri-La hotel. Love the red wood and yellow lights. The place screams chill and drink some wine. Speaking of wine, they offer a wide variety of such, both from the old world and new world. Food is par for the course, though. Does not really justify the money you will shell out for it, so you may want to go here just for the wine and to relax with the easy lights and ambient music.

sideswiped

Teriyaki Boy: Megastrip building b, Megamall,...new branch nla e2 ganda ng interior n syempre sarap pa rin ng food nila,...tofu steak, teriyaki chicken, yakimeshi, bottomless iced tea, solved!

El

i noticed quite a number of establishments along julia vargas near valle 3...anybody tried this?

madami bang parking?

baka may potential maging venue for future ebs

Brent

Quote from: eL on August 18, 2004, 11:23:53 AM
i noticed quite a number of establishments along julia vargas near valle 3...anybody tried this?

madami bang parking?

Di ok mag EB dun kasi masikip parking saka mga establishment medyo masikip din. Although notable yun Razon's dun. Galing sa Guagua, Pampanga, popular for its Halo Halo and Palabok. Masarap dun. Sikip lang talaga sobra.

miko

banana leaf.....tinapay nila dun masarap.....yun lang...
the SUN just BURST into ORANGES......

Benj

The German Club along Rufino in Makati. The food there is great (mostly German of course), especially their sausages. Ambiance is really really quiet, there's even a library with a table for around 8-10 so you can have a quiet evening with friends. The only downside is that there must be at least one member of the club in your group.
In a world of compromise, some don't.

R-A-Y

Quote from: Brent on August 18, 2004, 03:46:55 PM
Di ok mag EB dun kasi masikip parking saka mga establishment medyo masikip din. Although notable yun Razon's dun. Galing sa Guagua, Pampanga, popular for its Halo Halo and Palabok. Masarap dun. Sikip lang talaga sobra.

Yeah I agree that there are nice places for dinner or dessert there, but the parking is just too small. Not to mention that lowered rides may have a difficulty getting in and out because of the steep incline. The other notable place there for me is Vanilla House of Cakes. Good cakes plus a free refill on your first cup of  coffee.

Actually the new place that may be a potential EB venue is the new complex in Meralco Ave. where the new Starbucks is open. Other restos are ssoon to follow and the parking there is huse, not to mention that there is a lot of free space to roam around. It's easy to spot it if there is an EB gathering there too ;D

jUERGeN

Quote from: eL on August 18, 2004, 11:23:53 AM

madami bang parking?

is this the place na may osyter boy or sa tapat?
"we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does

R-A-Y

Quote from: jUERGèN on August 19, 2004, 09:12:43 AM
is this the place na may osyter boy or sa tapat?

Nope. Oyster Boy is in Meralco Ave. eh. What El is referring to is in Julia Vargas Ave. Actually the place is really a driving range and that there are just some commendable food establishments fronting it ;)

silveradocivic

The last resto I tried was at YATS (Wine Club) in Clarkfield. It was very expensive. Went there with my boss and two clients.

We spent about 65k for the dinner  :P Nakahatak sa price ay yung two bottles of wine na kinuha nila.

Good thing I wasn't the one paying  ;)

splukutum

R-A-Y

Quote from: silveradocivic on August 20, 2004, 03:39:43 PM
The last resto I tried was at YATS (Wine Club) in Clarkfield. It was very expensive. Went there with my boss and two clients.

We spent about 65k for the dinner  :P Nakahatak sa price ay yung two bottles of wine na kinuha nila.

Good thing I wasn't the one paying  ;)

What wine was that? :o the Screaming Eagle?!?!?! :o I would surely want to get to that point in time when I deserve a 65k dinner ;)

Just tried out this old chinese resto in Shoppesville. It's Le Ching. Their spareribs rice toppings rule!!! As well as their big bottle soy milk. I think it's a 1 liter bottle, and it's only 45 bucks for freshly delivered ones. Not bad at all ;) (I think I'll get a regullar weekly stack from them next time ;D )The place is really not the one where you expect it to be fine dining, but believe me, these kinds of things don't matter at all when food is good. :D

CTH

Dati pang sikat yang Le-ching eh. ;D pero i have to say the banawe branch parang hindi na singsarap ng dati. :-\

splukutum

R-A-Y

Quote from: A-boy on August 22, 2004, 09:22:58 PM
Dati pang sikat yang Le-ching eh. ;D pero i have to say the banawe branch parang hindi na singsarap ng dati. :-\

Yeah pero ngayon ko lang nasubukan eh hehe ;D

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel