News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

toyota corolla liftback

Started by sonic1, May 02, 2006, 02:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBlood

sir namnetion niya lang kasi na with a t50 at 2t engine baka pwede daw yung differential ng corona.
"can we take a ride? get out of this place while we still have time" Jimmy eat world - work

zidack

Sir's

I just got a one of a kind corona macho japanese edition with 4 wheel disc breaks. but the engine is a toyota L diesel engine. Nagpunta  ako sa banawe and nakakita  ako ng 4age blact top. 

pede ko ba isalpak yun?  ano pa ba ang kaailangan ko?

it wud cost me 30k para sa engine 12 k labor (salpak) with electrical na din. btw with transmission sya. 

gusto ko sana cya maging automatic . sobrang trapik na dto sa atin sa pinas.

sana matulungan nyo din ako.

thank you in advance,

iluk forwartd to be in a car club...

FlyLO

Quote from: zidack on July 24, 2006, 10:03:45 PM
Sir's

I just got a one of a kind corona macho japanese edition with 4 wheel disc breaks. but the engine is a toyota L diesel engine. Nagpunta  ako sa banawe and nakakita  ako ng 4age blact top. 

it wud cost me 30k para sa engine 12 k labor (salpak) with electrical na din. btw with transmission sya. 

thank you in advance,

Manual nalang :D
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :wav:

hungryalien

Quote from: zidack on July 24, 2006, 10:03:45 PMI just got a one of a kind corona macho japanese edition with 4 wheel disc breaks. but the engine is a toyota L diesel engine. Nagpunta  ako sa banawe and nakakita  ako ng 4age blact top. 

am not familiar with 4age on '79 macho machine. but you might want to consider going old school with the engine as well. i know that 18RG engines will fit perfectly into your car. my next door neighbor used to have the same setup on his corona. hayop yun twin webber 45 on full throttle!

M.com

Quote from: hungryalien on July 25, 2006, 01:02:52 AM
am not familiar with 4age on '79 macho machine. but you might want to consider going old school with the engine as well. i know that 18RG engines will fit perfectly into your car. my next door neighbor used to have the same setup on his corona. hayop yun twin webber 45 on full throttle!

I agree with hungryalien. You could also go for a fully modified 2T engine. Stroked with old TRD camshaft. There are still lod school tuners who do that. Wow sarap old school.

:o

Raymond

Quote from: zidack on July 24, 2006, 10:03:45 PM
Sir's

thank you in advance,

Hi Sir,

That's a rare car! punta ka naman sa weekend old school meets at BK rotonda. I'll PM you my number should you decide to drop by.

We have an old school car club, Club Du Automobil.

anyway, about your engine swap, puwede ang 4a-ge na black top but you will need t50 tranny for it, as well as new engine mounts. MAF type na ang black-top so puwede ka nang mag open ITB's (individual throttle bodies) na parang may torotot na pang twinside.

But in my opinion, baka mahirapan hatakin ng 4a-ge ang kaha ng corona since mabigat ito.

pinaka-concern lang sa mga 20v swaps sa old school is iyong distributor. nasa rear (firewall) side kasi kaya kelangang pumukpok ng firewall. Kung ayaw mo magpukpok ng firewall meron Distributor Relocation kit but not available locally, so mahal rin.

In my opinion, if you really want an engine swap just go for the 1g engine family (1g-gte, 1g-gze). Straight six with either N/A, turbo, or supercharger versions. They are designed to be mounted RWD so no problem sa distributor, and AFAIK may matic tranny version din ito (not sure of the FI versions).

If you want to go old school:

1.) 18r-g.
2.) 21r or 22r
3.) 22r-e or 22r-te (from USDM 4 runner). kaya lang laklak na sa gas ito.
4.) the usual 2t/3t engine setup.

Your engine swap possibilities IMHO are endless since naka rear discs ka na. While some may argue na mas malakas ang drums, lamang pa rin ang discs if brake fade is the question.

hungryalien

just a thought.. would the old 7MGTE from the supra fit into the macho machine? its kinda big kasi hehe

kasi if even you cant find parts for 7MGTE here, dami sa US.. kasi meron mga Supra dun..

zidack

sir raymond,

sori now lang ako nakapag log . medyo buzy sa work. what day ba kyo nagpupunta sa bk rotonda. I need help with my engine swap. baka me kakilala ka na me spare 18rg . ang bagal ng diesel engine eh and tunog jeep pa. . pm mo naman ako. thank you

baka nga pal mag papintura ako dyan sa lex ayto shop sa me e. rod. ok ba dun?

by the ay if you see a red macho na naka honda accod mags. ako yun.

Im also geting a opel manta . baka salpakan ko din ng 4age na silver top. bday gift ko sa sarili ko. for all the work that i do. hehe

salamat uli sa mga info.

Raymond

Quote from: zidack on November 07, 2006, 11:11:49 PM
sir raymond,

sori now lang ako nakapag log . medyo buzy sa work. what day ba kyo nagpupunta sa bk rotonda. I need help with my engine swap. baka me kakilala ka na me spare 18rg . ang bagal ng diesel engine eh and tunog jeep pa. . pm mo naman ako. thank you

baka nga pal mag papintura ako dyan sa lex ayto shop sa me e. rod. ok ba dun?

by the ay if you see a red macho na naka honda accod mags. ako yun.

Im also geting a opel manta . baka salpakan ko din ng 4age na silver top. bday gift ko sa sarili ko. for all the work that i do. hehe

salamat uli sa mga info.

medyo malayo na kasi ako sa bk rotonda but i will try my best to come there this coming saturday. PM me again your mobile number.

18rg? meron nagbebenta sa GT kaya lang di kumpleto. you will have a hard time sourcing the other parts para mabuo iyong makina. wala siyang carbs, etc.

iyong macho mo na 1979 is the square headlights na diba? malaki na engine bay niyan at kasya na 1g series engine diyan. straight 6, 2-liter, may n/a, turbo at supercharged, at best of all, pang RWD talaga.

sorry no idea on the shop that you're asking for paint.

opel manta? IMHO mahirap na rin body parts niyan. Better stick with old school toyota's na lang since gusto mo na rin lang ang 4a-ge.

HTH

dennis_corro

hi everyone! im glad that there are lots of old school lovers here in autoindustriya.com  :)

we also have an oldschool club here in cebu.

please do visit our website :

www.oldschoolcebu.com

Thanks! :)

Raymond

Quote from: dennis_corro on May 06, 2008, 09:46:48 PM
hi everyone! im glad that there are lots of old school lovers here in autoindustriya.com  :)

we also have an oldschool club here in cebu.

please do visit our website :

www.oldschoolcebu.com

Thanks! :)

Welcome to AI and sorry, selling is not allowed in the forums. I'll have to edit your post to remove the links.

dennis_corro

its okay sir..sorry for the inconvenience..newbie lang po.. :)

Pulsepowered

new shoes.... enkei 13x8.... :thumbsup:

Paul

is it true that the E70 liftback has lots of interchangeable parts with the AE86 like suspension components and differentials? i'm deliberating on fixing up an E70 liftback and thinking if could use aftermarket suspension for AE86 like full coilovers.

aid03

Quote from: Pulsepowered on June 10, 2008, 02:28:49 AM
new shoes.... enkei 13x8.... :thumbsup:

nice car! :thumbsup:

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel