News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Compact SUV for Towing

Started by < jao >, May 27, 2006, 10:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

< jao >

Hi Guys!

I'm looking for another compact SUV that is capable of towing a jetski riding on an aluminum trailer. I have in mind the new Gen3 RAV4 4x2 but I'm still open to other options. What can you guys recommend?

Thanks!  :)
Authorized Distributor of Belden Cables and Wires. For inquiries, please contact me through email at [email protected]

thunder

A friend of mine uses a Jimny to tow his jetski to Batangas. He also loads his surfboard on top of it at times. He used to have an old Vitara and replaced it with his Jimny now. Sometimes he uses his Explorer Sport Trac if he has a lot of things.

OT:
Belden Wires distributor... Looks like we are almost in the same business. We are the Phil dist for Pirelli, BICC General, Top Cable and Camuna Cavi Power, Control and Instrumentation cables.   Also for most brands under Tyco Electronics Energy Division   ;)
The only difference between Men and Boys is the size and price of their toys...

DTNS

the Hyundai Tucson CRDI or the new Santa Fe V6.  :)

< jao >

Quote from: thunder on May 27, 2006, 12:32:55 PM
A friend of mine uses a Jimny to tow his jetski to Batangas. He also loads his surfboard on top of it at times. He used to have an old Vitara and replaced it with his Jimny now. Sometimes he uses his Explorer Sport Trac if he has a lot of things.

OT:
Belden Wires distributor... Looks like we are almost in the same business. We are the Phil dist for Pirelli, BICC General, Top Cable and Camuna Cavi Power, Control and Instrumentation cables.   Also for most brands under Tyco Electronics Energy Division   ;)

Thanks for your rpely Thunder! Are you from CYO?
Authorized Distributor of Belden Cables and Wires. For inquiries, please contact me through email at [email protected]

k.o

kaya ba ng compact suv magtow?

anyways i think khit na hindi siya compact suv pero at least medyo nasa price range mo, try the ford explorer tsaka fortuner ..... or mga pickups kasi nakakatakot magtown gamit compact suv its not meant to tow ata e



Pls Visit MOTHERS

thunder

Quote from: < jao > on May 27, 2006, 02:25:15 PM
Thanks for your rpely Thunder! Are you from CYO?

@ Jao
What is CYO?

@K.O.
I guess even compact SUVs can do tow work. It'll all depend on the towing capacity of the vehicle and the weight of the one being towed. I recently saw in Nevada a new Rav4 towing two dirt bikes on a trailer cab. I use my Explorer to tow 7 drums of water up to our Tanay farm.
The only difference between Men and Boys is the size and price of their toys...

k.o

Quote from: thunder on May 29, 2006, 11:05:06 AM

@K.O.
I guess even compact SUVs can do tow work. It'll all depend on the towing capacity of the vehicle and the weight of the one being towed. I recently saw in Nevada a new Rav4 towing two dirt bikes on a trailer cab. I use my Explorer to tow 7 drums of water up to our Tanay farm.


well yeah i guess the new rav4 can tow pero i think yung nakita mo sa nevada yung v6 version ng rav4 kaya nya kaya yung 2 dirt bikes :)



Pls Visit MOTHERS

thunder

I would think so.   8)

It had a 2 inch receiver on it and the cab didnt look that light.
The only difference between Men and Boys is the size and price of their toys...

mykboo

i know someone who uses his 1st gen crv to tow a kawasaki standup jetski... and one with a 2nd gen crv to tow a yamaha gpr jetski.. altho kaya nila magtow mejo malakas sa gas pagka may hila and nararamdaman mo na stressed ung makina.. my L200 felt better than the crvs while towing.. i still prefer ladder type chassis pag may trailer.. instead of buying a brand new rav4 na ipangtotow mo magfortuner ka nalang... my friend uses his 3.0d4d to tow double jetski trailers.. i think mas mura pa ung fortuner sa rav4 and 4wd na ndi mo kelangan buhatin ung trailer mo sa beach... kaya kung sa kya ng CUV pero ndi ganun ka ok... :)

Paul

for me, it would be better to use ladder-framed compact SUV's such as the vitara and jimny rather monocoqued bodied RAV4's and CR-V's. parang kawawa kasi yung monocoque kung ipang tow e.

k.o

wag naman jimny hehehe pero vitara i agree :) de sa minamaliit ko jimny hehe ive seen its capabilites off road pero towing .... ibang story na :)



Pls Visit MOTHERS

< jao >

Hi Guys!

Just found out that my GV can tow a trailer up to 750kg (trailer without brakes), including ball and hitch. Pretty good enough to tow the jetski I have in mind (375kg dry weight plus couple of kg's for the aluminum trailer and towing accessories)! :)

2nd SUV for my soon-to-be-wife nalang! ;D
Authorized Distributor of Belden Cables and Wires. For inquiries, please contact me through email at [email protected]

mykboo

GV? grand vitara ba un? if yes kaya talga i think v6 un at ladder type chassis..

OT: sir wat jetski do u have in mind ba?

< jao >

Quote from: mikeb16 on June 18, 2006, 10:47:56 AM
GV? grand vitara ba un? if yes kaya talga i think v6 un at ladder type chassis..

OT: sir wat jetski do u have in mind ba?

Hi Mike!

Yup, GV = Grand Vitara, but what I have is the local 2.0L version. Checked out the manual and it says there that the 5-door GV can indeed tow up to 750 kg (without trailer brakes) and up to 1850 kg (with trailer brakes).

Anyway, I'm contemplating on the Yamaha VX110. Basic lang for pure recreation. If you have any contacts who sells and services jetskis, please PM me.

Thanks!

:)
Authorized Distributor of Belden Cables and Wires. For inquiries, please contact me through email at [email protected]

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel