News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Jeep Grand Cherokee VS Ford Expedition

Started by Killer Angel, August 25, 2007, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer Angel

Between the Ford Expedition and the Jeep Grand Cherokee,which SUV would you choose?And why?The SUV shall be used 80% on-road and 20% off-road.Which among the two has better performance,more durable,more reliable and has a better ride?
THANKS.
"I always tell the truth even when I lie."

DTNS

Quote from: Killer Angel on August 25, 2007, 04:55:02 PM
Between the Ford Expedition and the Jeep Grand Cherokee,which SUV would you choose?And why?The SUV shall be used 80% on-road and 20% off-road.Which among the two has better performance,more durable,more reliable and has a better ride?
THANKS.

since it'll be used more often on-road, I'd choose the Expedition for its comfort and space.

though I'd be very tempted by the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8....  :notworthy:

johnqpublic318

The Ford Expedition has a better reliablity rating and more space with 3rd row seating. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is more capable off-road while posting better handling numbers than the Expedition on road.  It's a much lighter Suv. The most powerful engine available for the Exped is a 300hp 5.4 V8. Engine choices on the Grand Cherokee include the 330hp 5.7 Hemi with cylinder shutdown, 425hp 6.1 Hemi on the SRT8 and a 215hp 3-liter diesel with 376 lbs-ft (510 newton-meters) of torque. Such engines ensure that the Grand Cherokee will be faster.

The Expedition is available from the Ford dealer fully-loaded with the 5.4 V8, Roll Stability Control and a warranty. I don't know if CATS even sells the Grand Cherokee and what engine they're equipping it with. Like the Expedition, there are so many variants of the Grand Cherokee-- Laredo, Overland, Rocky Mountain and Limited.

20% off-road is a lot!   That means 80,000 on-road and 20,000 off-road miles.  Or, loosely tranlated-- an off-road trip every single weekend!  YOU'RE HARDCORE!  Neither vehicle is suitable for that type of abuse.  You'll need a military vehicle, Jeep Rubicon or Land Rover Defender for that type of off-road duty cycle.

the driver

You got it from a 4 X 4 ride Guru . . . .

Go for the Jeep Grand, not so common compared to expedition.
" Each day we either get better or worse.
                 The choice is OURS ! "

deltatune

sir kil,
d ka pa ba nka bili ng nissan patrol?hehehe..nwei if comfort and people carrying is yuor concerned,the expe would be good,it can also take some off-road punishment but not hardcore..to make yuor choices clear,try to visit 4wheeler magazine or search 4x4 of the year challenge and see who wins,they are testing newly built suv's on and off the road..it will be a better help in yuor decision...

El

kung ako pipili, i'd choose the expe.... kasya lahat ng gamit ko sa loob hehe ;D

DTNS

Quote from: johnqpublic318 on August 25, 2007, 06:40:32 PM

The Expedition is available from the Ford dealer fully-loaded with the 5.4 V8, Roll Stability Control and a warranty. I don't know if CATS even sells the Grand Cherokee and what engine they're equipping it with. Like the Expedition, there are so many variants of the Grand Cherokee-- Laredo, Overland, Rocky Mountain and Limited.

I've seen a Jeep SRT8 on Manila roads before. I'm not sure if it was bought through CATS or a grey importer though.

Killer Angel, I think you should also consider the Jeep Commander. It's Trail-Rated!  ;)

johnqpublic318

Regardless, his 20% OFF-road and 80% ON-road is too extreme for the vehicles he mentioned. When the duty profile reaches 30% OFF-road and 70% ON-road, the U.S. military already requires this vehicle: http://www.oshkoshtruck.com/defense/products~mtt~home.cfm .

To quote: "The MTT?s duty profile is 30% off-road and 70% on-road, and it will operate in climatic extremes from ?31? to 52?C while carrying a full payload cross-country. It is capable of traversing a 60% gradient and a 30% side slope with its maximum cross-country load. The MTT fords up to 4 ft. (1.2 m) of water, travels at 65 mph (105 km/h) on paved surfaces and has an on-road cruising range of up to 400 mi. (644 km)."

Paul

Quote from: johnqpublic318 on August 28, 2007, 09:59:50 AM
Regardless, his 20% OFF-road and 80% ON-road is too extreme for the vehicles he mentioned. When the duty profile reaches 30% OFF-road and 70% ON-road, the U.S. military already requires this vehicle: http://www.oshkoshtruck.com/defense/products~mtt~home.cfm .

To quote: "The MTT?s duty profile is 30% off-road and 70% on-road, and it will operate in climatic extremes from ?31? to 52?C while carrying a full payload cross-country. It is capable of traversing a 60% gradient and a 30% side slope with its maximum cross-country load. The MTT fords up to 4 ft. (1.2 m) of water, travels at 65 mph (105 km/h) on paved surfaces and has an on-road cruising range of up to 400 mi. (644 km)."

wow! that looks comfy!  ;D

Sweet Lover

are they in the same category? i think expedition is a full size suv and a grand cherokee is mid size. doesnt matter though, ill pick grand cherokee. i like the rugged look and the classic front grille.

AM

Quote from: johnqpublic318 on August 25, 2007, 06:40:32 PM
I don't know if CATS even sells the Grand Cherokee and what engine they're equipping it with. Like the Expedition, there are so many variants of the Grand Cherokee-- Laredo, Overland, Rocky Mountain and Limited.
CATS local Jeep lineup...
high end Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 liter HEMI for P3.85M (I think its either a Limited with an optional HEMI or an Overland model)

The top of the line high performance 420hp Grand Cherokee SRT-8 6.1 HEMI goes for P4.25M

7-seater Jeep Commander Limited 4.7 V8 for P2.85M

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LWB 4-doors) 3.7 V6 for P2.38M

garuda32

shhh they are listening

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel