News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

Diesel Vs Gas Engine at high speed ?

Started by the driver, July 29, 2007, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the driver

Just wondering what engine would last if you always drive them most of the time at high speed.

Both follow normal maintenance . .
   Fortuner 3.0L diesel and 2.7L gas
   High speed above 160 kph

" Each day we either get better or worse.
                 The choice is OURS ! "

AUCH

diesel engines dont like high engine revolutions and most diesel vehicles posses rather short drivetrain gearing, so hitting near red points at most times would be better with petrol vehicles.

if you can be a bit more sensible with your vehicle usage, then the fortuner D4D would be best due to durability and fuel economy.  + it looks good too

deltatune

Dondie

Depends, with the current generation of diesel engines, I think its okay lang. Depends din sa gearing.

I have a Diesel Revo, nasa 60kph palang, ang ingay ingay na because of the way the gearing was arranged. Opposite naman with our Strada, mas maganda yung dulo niya.

:)
JDMselect - High Quality Parts and Service

144 Mindanao Ave. Q.C.

86 Gil Fern

the driver

Quote from: Dondie on August 01, 2007, 09:17:36 PM
Depends, with the current generation of diesel engines, I think its okay lang. Depends din sa gearing.

I have a Diesel Revo, nasa 60kph palang, ang ingay ingay na because of the way the gearing was arranged. Opposite naman with our Strada, mas maganda yung dulo niya.

:)

You're referring to new strada ?
" Each day we either get better or worse.
                 The choice is OURS ! "

DTNS

Quote from: the driver on July 29, 2007, 05:21:05 PM
  Just wondering what engine would last if you always drive them most of the time at high speed.

Both follow normal maintenance . .
   Fortuner 3.0L diesel and 2.7L gas
   High speed above 160 kph

both types of engines will require more maintenance when driven regularly at high speeds. its mentioned in the service manual. I think automatic transmission fluid and/or engine oil should be changed more often when this is the case.

IMm29

I think the gas engine would last a bit longer since you'd be redlining it, or at least hitting high rpms, quite often. As mentioned, diesels have lower redlines, and they don't like hitting them a lot.

The Devil Drives Prado

contactpoint

saan naman kaya tayo pwedeng mag drive ng above 160/kph most of the time d2??? just askin'  ;)

mjsn

Quote from: contactpoint on September 06, 2007, 09:39:32 AM
saan naman kaya tayo pwedeng mag drive ng above 160/kph most of the time d2??? just askin'  ;)

to Zambales via Alaminos-Infanta Pang. If you want to test the power of your vehicle. For sure walang speed limit dito unlike sa NLEX. Always hitting 150-160kph with my boxtype GSR on this road.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel