News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

2008/09 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV

Started by AM, July 17, 2008, 05:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JPG111

Quote from: marcy on February 16, 2009, 08:28:09 PM
ive gone through 2 full tanks and lumalabas 7.5 km/l pure city driving pasig,ortigas ang makati driving (todo traffic) so not bad at all from 3.2 displacement, i just watch how i step on the gas mostly easy driving lang (foot barley stepping on the pedal ) i think i would have reached 8 if i avoided the occasional hataw when i get the chance ( reached a top of 150 kmh ) ran out of road   :thumbsup: has anyone gone past the 175 claimed top speed yet?

I did! The 178 km/h top speed stated on the brochure is not true, it can go faster..My cousins monty did 195 km/h in SCTEX

I did 180 km/h at 3500 rpm.. kaya pa!

I just hit 180 km/h going to 190 or even reach 200 but i slowed down coz there was a slow moving fortuner a few meters ahead of me that was about to occupy my lane

marcy

JPG111,

THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! now i know i picked the right car !  :wav: Was the car still stable at those speeds? i mean steering , how about wind noise and engine noise? iI still have to take my MS for a long drive so far no time yet , but i cant wait! ;D One last thing How were the brakes when slowing down from that speed(due to the slow underpowered fortuner)? was it ok or were there shudders?

BTW, magkano yung LXSUN hid mo?
and i saw your earlier post about light in the glove compart , i find it weird that some ms dont have coz mine has but it turns on only when you turn the park light on.  ;D

easyman

Fast White,
This one really helps. I got my Monty 4x4 GLS SE last week. I need it i mining. My client just wnet into it.   I was trying to learn how to use the 4x4. I learned. I did not realized how will it work. I know the four wheels will work in case i got stuck. thats all. NOW, you got me a new knowledge.
I notice in the manual that the Monty SE has a differential lock when you shift it to 4LLc (2H-4H-4HLc-4LLc). The fifth light in the middle of the Four wheels (on the dash) will turn on indicating that differential is lock.

Now it seems that in the differential lock (4LLc), all wheels will rotate at the same time. The other wheels will be draged.
With the 4HLc, the fifth light is not turned on, is the LSD on? With the 4H, the fifth light is not turned on, is the LSD turned on too? In both, i know the differential lock is not on.

You really made me realized this.

Quote from: Fast White Cat (FWC) on November 10, 2008, 04:27:25 PM
Very, very important, especially if you want to go trailing.  LSD means Limited Slip Differential.  If your wheels rotate together equally at the same time, the outer wheels would get dragged when you make a turn because the inner wheel travels a shorter distance while the other wheel travels a longer wheel.  The differential is designed to accomodate different wheel rotation speeds when making turns.  Unfortunately, this is a drawback when you go on trails because if one tire slips, or gets hung up, that tire will not just spin uselessly while the other tire stops spinning.  Thus, you won't be able to move.  With an LSD, there is just a limited amount of spin allowed before it transfers drive to the wheel that still has traction, thus enabling you to move.  In some off road rigs, they even install differential lockers.

In this shot, for example, no way could my rig reach that high on the mound without LSD.  Once the left rear wheel leaves the ground, it will just spin freely and the right rear wheel would stop turning and my front wheels alone won't be able to pull me up.  But with LSD, the left rear wheel that left the ground stops spinning and power was transferred to the right rear wheel.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/dannypancho/Mt%20Banoy%20Climb/

Post Merge: March 19, 2009, 04:20:19 PM

Monty GLS SE has an auto fan, and auto cool. I understand that the auto fan and auto cool will generate fan speed and air outlet position to mantain equal cooling within the cabin because it has cooling sensors all over the cabin. Ant it will maitain the number of degrees of climate

In short, equal cooling....

Quote from: gray_fox on November 06, 2008, 01:09:21 AM
sir question lang, kmusta naman yung aircon ng montero sport nyo? kaya ba palamigin yung loob kahit  5-7 ang passengers? tnx.. nice car nga pla  :thumbsup:

The problem with democracy is all fools are always on one side.

XTO

Quote from: XTO on March 27, 2009, 09:51:45 AM
my cool silver 3.2 GLS  :thumbsup:

K&N Filter for Montero Sport/Triton and Recharger Kit
Royal Purple 15W40 diesel rated synthetic oil? - PM/CP 9192522554

momonlopez

just compare the looks in the eyes of fortuner and montero.. the face of the fortuner is much more astig tingnan than montero's lame eyes.. mas maangas tlga looks ng fortuner kc another reason ung montero mukang fusion. bka kc mamaya may mgtanong, "pare magkano score mo sa fusion" tas isasagot mo lng, "tol nang aasar kba, montero to". hehe.. sorry for d fans of montero.. >:D

vmobile88

there's a 4x2 now.. 2.5L displacement, i was shocked of the price when i saw it.. i think i wanna buy one or wait for the Prius, instead.   
dealer of replica watches, and other business http://50store.multiply.com

autovots67

Quote from: momonlopez on March 30, 2009, 04:30:14 PM
just compare the looks in the eyes of fortuner and montero.. the face of the fortuner is much more astig tingnan than montero's lame eyes.. mas maangas tlga looks ng fortuner kc another reason ung montero mukang fusion. bka kc mamaya may mgtanong, "pare magkano score mo sa fusion" tas isasagot mo lng, "tol nang aasar kba, montero to". hehe.. sorry for d fans of montero.. >:D

how about the ride of your Fortuner?

momonlopez

Quote from: autovots67 on April 12, 2009, 01:26:50 PM

how about the ride of your Fortuner?

ok lang.. snayan lang naman yan eh, kesa naman masanay ka sa looks ng fusion. hehe.. O0

marktriton

um i think montero got the best look compare to fortuner. it is more aerodynamic, safe, (hi lux based fortuner failed moose test. )

El

sana they equipt the 4x2 with leather seats, pwede na :)

afeng

Quote from: El on April 26, 2009, 06:41:59 PM
sana they equipt the 4x2 with leather seats, pwede na :)

kaso ang makina ng 2.5 ay pareho sa adventure. the computer is just tweak to get the bigger body moving. 3.2 na lahat dapat 

DTNS

Quote from: afeng on April 27, 2009, 09:29:21 AM
kaso ang makina ng 2.5 ay pareho sa adventure. the computer is just tweak to get the bigger body moving. 3.2 na lahat dapat 

AFAIK, the Montero Sport 2.5 is using the 4D56 CRDI turbo-intercooler. The Adventure uses the weak-ass, NA 4D56!  :fart:

marktriton

Quote from: DTNS on April 27, 2009, 12:49:32 PM
AFAIK, the Montero Sport 2.5 is using the 4D56 CRDI turbo-intercooler. The Adventure uses the weak-ass, NA 4D56!  :fart:

you right MAN, it consumes 10-14 km/liters. euro 4 compliant. to be honest the 3.2 4m41 of montero and strada is not much refined, does someone notice that there is no 3.2 engine in UK, bec 3.2 is only euro 2. the 3.2 engine use in pajero SE  is much more refined, the pajero has a VGT turbo. but i still like the 3.2 engine of strda coz i got one , hehehe

falken205

mas maluwag pa ang adventure ko sa fortuner, at pareho lang sila ka-tagtag or baka mas comfy pa advie.

"magkano score mo sa fortuner mo? huh? nag adventure ka na lang sana!"

freistil

Quote from: momonlopez on April 13, 2009, 10:38:52 PM
ok lang.. snayan lang naman yan eh, kesa naman masanay ka sa looks ng fusion. hehe.. O0

sanayan?? haha lame excuse sorry haha natatatwa ako! :D

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel