Best value for money brand: 4 speaker upgrade? *Newbie*

Started by jamjar, May 11, 2013, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamjar

Hi guys!

I'm planning to change the speakers in my Sentra B13 for the first time (20 year old speakers haha). What's the best brand to get for clarity? Not looking for big bass so I don't need a sub or an amp, just good quality sound from a speaker upgrade. Budget is around 5k for 4 speakers, kaya ba? Or what other sound setup would you recommend for that budget? I'm using a JVC KD-X250BT. Specs say 50W x 4, 20W RMS x 4 CH at 4 ohms and no more than 1.0% THD

I think the size for my car is 4x6 up front and 6.5 in the rear, though I've heard that you can fit 6.5 up front also with some modification. Thanks for any help!

Brent

Value for money is relative to how much you're willing to spend.

jamjar

Thanks for the reply, Brent. I'm willing to spend around 5k. Are there any brands you can recommend?

DTNS

Quote from: jamjar on May 13, 2013, 01:50:35 PM
Thanks for the reply, Brent. I'm willing to spend around 5k. Are there any brands you can recommend?

Pioneer and JBL are good brands. :)

Brent

jamjar

Thanks for the replies. As I mentioned in the first post, I have a budget of 5k for 4 speakers. I don't know anything about car audio so I asked if that budget was ok. If not, how much is the minimum I should be spending just for a speaker upgrade? No amp or sub needed.

Brent

Siguro be prepared to spend a little more than 5k for all 4 speakers. There are inexpensive speakers naman. I think JBL and Pioneer should fit for about 7k.

J-A-Y

I suggest changing your front speakers first with your budget.

gutz_3110

hi guys,

same specs as above. 4 speakers (front and rear) plus HU with USB. kaya kaya sa 10k budget?

Brent

Quote from: gutz_3110 on May 27, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
hi guys,

same specs as above. 4 speakers (front and rear) plus HU with USB. kaya kaya sa 10k budget?

I think a basic Pioneer headunit with USB plus a pair of front speakers can fit your budget.

Leo C.

There are Pioneer HUs that come with free front speakers.

Brent

Quote from: Vivo on May 28, 2013, 05:31:42 PM

Really? May ganon na now? Setup in a box I guess?

DTNS

Quote from: Vivo on May 28, 2013, 05:31:42 PM

some car accessories shops still have this promo. (buy a Pioneer HU, get free Pioneer speakers)

gutz_3110

Quote from: Brent on May 28, 2013, 05:12:12 PM
I think a basic Pioneer headunit with USB plus a pair of front speakers can fit your budget.

salamat, brent. totally wala akong alam dito kaya sa malls ako tumitingin.  i contacted 2 shops, ACA and C3, mura pala sa kanila.  im thinking of either upgrading HU or add a sub and amp.  tanong lang:
1. kapag HU upgrade, meron bang difference sa basic pioneer model? (im looking to get DEH 2550ui right now for the budget)
2. A good fellow forumer also told me to discon the rear speakers, if ok lang alisin yun rear, i'll add the budget to get a higher model HU.

thanks guys for posting. it helps me a lot  :)

Leo C.

The 2550 has a free set of front speakers... either the 1613 or 1013 models...

Before, it was only the 2550 but now all models come with a free 1613 0r 1013 front speakers... and it's not a store promo but Pioneer's promo...

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel