News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

looking for ATF SP III

Started by TheNonpareil, December 12, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNonpareil

Need your help, guys. I'm looking for automatic transmission fluid (ATF) that meets SP III specs. I've been seeing only a lot of Dexron III around. I'm a total stranger to the ATF specs lingo so I really can't interpret all the letters/numbers codes on the different ATF containers. Did a bit of research on "SP III vs. Dexron III" and found out that they're not the same, and that the latter should not be used as a substitute as it doesn't equal the "friction modifier" capabilities of SP III. Hope to hear from you.... :)

Brent

Motul's ATF-1A and Multi-ATF both have SP-III specs.

TheNonpareil

Many thanks for your reply, Brent. Can you tell me where I can get them? I see the usual places like Ace, Handyman, Blade, and gas stations do not carry the Motul brand.

Brent

Quote from: TheNonpareil on December 13, 2013, 08:32:46 AM
Many thanks for your reply, Brent. Can you tell me where I can get them? I see the usual places like Ace, Handyman, Blade, and gas stations do not carry the Motul brand.

Which area is convenient for you? I can recommend you to dealers who carry the product. Because some dealers only carry engine oil.

TheNonpareil

I'm staying in San Pedro, Laguna, Brent. Any dealer nearby? :)

Brent

Quote from: TheNonpareil on December 15, 2013, 01:04:35 AM
I'm staying in San Pedro, Laguna, Brent. Any dealer nearby? :)

Sent you a PM. :)

jmpet626

Got Castrol Multivehicle ATF SPIII rated for my Mitsubishi Montero and Hyundai Santa Fe which require SPIII. Got it for 340 per liter in Ace Hardware.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel