News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

Innova diesel MT or AT?

Started by Sethdaniel, August 18, 2015, 03:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethdaniel

Good day sir. I am planning on buying  2015 Innova diesel and needs help which is a better choice? Manual or automatic? Does the crdi engine nowadays is at par with either manual or automatic in terms of fuel efficiency and gear ratio? Thanks so much for your replies.

Yutakuroyoshi

I have had the impression that consumption are almost at par between manual and matic. If there is a difference its only slight. The matic is surprisingly refined. Personally i prefer manual but the stick is too long and vibrates quite a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthonyherkints

If your a seasoned or a professional driver then go for matic but if your the type who has little idea on vehicles then choose manual.
but overall choose manual.

:nono:
Matic consumes much gas why? because mas mataas ang idle setting ng matic. - if you want to know why then ask me again.
Matic is for people who knows automotive. you need ESP if your driving a matic. why you can ask me if you want.
Matic can be towed but only for a limited distance.
Matic in the philippines has lower resale value but high market value when brand new.
Matics transmission has given up @100k while manual lasts up to more than 140k - if you know how to use manual.
MAtic maintainance is really high compared to manual trans
Matic transmission once broken hell will break lose  . . . sensors, hydraulics, pumps, oil, gears halos di mo maintidhan kung ano gagawin. ang manual tatlo lang pressure plate, disk at release bearing.

at maraming pang iba . . . .  :partyon:

kapitan88

AT has slightly more torque than MT.  With my driving habits, i saved more sa diesel nung nag matic na ko.  might get you curious, its true kasi, i learned driving from jeepney drivers, nakalakihan ko ang pag engine break, hanggang sa need mag neutral, unlike sa AT, pag bitaw mo sa gas, coasting sya agad. 

Sethdaniel

Quote from: anthonyherkints on August 27, 2015, 07:28:14 PM
If your a seasoned or a professional driver then go for matic but if your the type who has little idea on vehicles then choose manual.
but overall choose manual.

:nono:
Matic consumes much gas why? because mas mataas ang idle setting ng matic. - if you want to know why then ask me again.
Matic is for people who knows automotive. you need ESP if your driving a matic. why you can ask me if you want.
Matic can be towed but only for a limited distance.
Matic in the philippines has lower resale value but high market value when brand new.
Matics transmission has given up @100k while manual lasts up to more than 140k - if you know how to use manual.
MAtic maintainance is really high compared to manual trans
Matic transmission once broken hell will break lose  . . . sensors, hydraulics, pumps, oil, gears halos di mo maintidhan kung ano gagawin. ang manual tatlo lang pressure plate, disk at release bearing.

at maraming pang iba . . . .  :partyon:

Good day sir anthony. Thanks forthe info. Can you expound on the following:

1. Why do you need ESP when driving a matic?
2. What is the limited distance for towing a matic?
3. Why does matic gives up upon reaching 100t km milleage?

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate your info.

MAJ_TOM

If driving a Cvt, do you still need ESP???

mbenz204

Had you bought your Innova yet?
I prefer Matic instead of manual.
I'm driving manual for more than 30 years and driving matics for more than 15 years.
Presently I have both.
I don't encounter any transmission problems on either of the 2 options although some of my rides are more than 150,000 kms. before i sold them.
You have all the convenience in a Matic and if you drive more on a highway, matic will give you more mileage because at the same speed, their rpm is more lower, as my experience.
Most matic problems are due to drivers who drives the matic like a manual which is a no-no, changing to D to R or vice versa requires a full stop, if not done properly, that is the worst enemy of the matic.
Matic requires less maintenance. My friend still has her matic car for 240,000 kms requiring only change-oil, whereas, depending on your driving style, manual requires a complete set of clutch after more than 150,000 kms. or so, which I didn't experienced.
In severe case of towing, you can tow a matic same distance as the manual, you just have to select it to N. Curious? Even the engine is off, you can still select it whatever you want, there is a manual override there near the handle.
You don't need an ESP - Electronic Stability Program, fitted in luxury cars, because 2015 Innova variants don't have both.
If you're in the city, it's better to have a matic due to traffic, fuel mileage is not that far, 12 kms/liter is good enough.

Blake Anderson

The Innova is one of the most popular car in  because it's as cheap as a Corolla, and with that famed Toyota reliability and quality.

DTNS

Quote from: Blake Anderson on March 04, 2016, 01:16:42 PM
The Innova is one of the most popular car in  because it's as cheap as a Corolla, and with that famed Toyota reliability and quality.

I don't think the Innova can be considered cheap anymore. its base model costs 900k!

mbenz204

Quote from: DTNS on March 04, 2016, 09:43:30 PM
I don't think the Innova can be considered cheap anymore. its base model costs 900k!
Yes, I'm surprised to their pricing, "hindi na pang masa". If the increase in price is only because of the engine, buyers of Innova really don't mind the engine power, it is a utility, cargo, passenger workhorse AUV that is somewhat affordable, but not now.

DTNS

Quote from: mbenz204 on March 05, 2016, 11:13:20 AM
Yes, I'm surprised to their pricing, "hindi na pang masa". If the increase in price is only because of the engine, buyers of Innova really don't mind the engine power, it is a utility, cargo, passenger workhorse AUV that is somewhat affordable, but not now.

that niche would be addressed by the Avanza I guess.

Brent

I think Toyota is really position itself a bit higher in the market segment. Hence the recent full takeover of Daihatsu which address the mobility needs of the mass market. Locally they'll just work with Toyota rebadged Daihatsus rather than launching the brand because it is too expensive for them to spend of branding for a something that is low margin.

fundiver198

Toyota is definitly going upmarket with the new Innova, and perhaps its better to look at it as an MPV than an AUV. Their will hardly be anyone choosing between an Adventure / Crosswind and an Innova any more, now that the Innova has a diesel engine twice as powerfull as the other two vehicles.

I think, the price hike is justified not only by the new engine, but also by the more roomy and refined enterior. But it might mean, that Toyota will need to find a slightly different type of buyer for the new Innova.

As for the original question, I would always get a manual. But its a matter of personal preference - and vallet. One argument in favour of getting the old diesel Innova with an AT is, that in the MT the engine is limited to 200 nm of torque, while in the AT it delivers 260 nm. That however is no longer an issue with the new model. And it also does not apply to the petrol model.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel