News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

Project car ae92 awd.need advice

Started by raithurr, June 18, 2016, 01:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raithurr

Hi mga sir and sa mga car enthusiast. I have an ae92 stock 4afe second car bought last 2013 since the engine already blown up im planning to put a turbo engine with awd on it. I cannot decide wether to put an ej20 or 4g63t. 3sgte is not an option to me because its only 260hp.im not trying to say that its a slow engine.but as per comparison from stock to stock these two engines are better from 3s...i need your advices mga car enthusiast experts.

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Paul

you're gonna convert your ae92 into awd AND with a non-toyota engine in it? too much trouble. just buy a 2nd hand gc8 impreza and be done with it. might be even cheaper than the project you're planning.

Abrielle Marcelo

Paul is right, why not buy an impreza in the first place, it will be less bothersome and will be cheaper than your planned project. But if you'd stick with the ae92 I'm pretty sure that the 3sgte will bolt right in place. But then again, it will require more work to convert it to awd.

raithurr

Sir abrielle My ae92 has a sentimental to me it is my car since i was o
and i am a fan also of mitsu evo but cannot  buy orig evo so i will just build my ae92 with evo engine..but thats my plan..awd is already my dream mods for my ae92 since i am college..if i buy imprezza  i will be maintaining two cars that will be a  pain on pocket..

raithurr

Quote from: raithurr on June 23, 2016, 01:15:26 AM
Sir abrielle My ae92 has a sentimental to me it is my car since i was a college
and i am a fan also of mitsu evo but i dont have enough money to  buy orig evo so i will just build my ae92 with evo engine..but thats my plan...awd is already my dream mods for my ae92 since i am in college..if i buy imprezza  i will be maintaining two cars that will be a  pain on pocket..

Paul

Quote from: raithurr on June 23, 2016, 01:15:26 AM
Sir abrielle My ae92 has a sentimental to me it is my car since i was o
and i am a fan also of mitsu evo but cannot  buy orig evo so i will just build my ae92 with evo engine..but thats my plan..awd is already my dream mods for my ae92 since i am college..if i buy imprezza  i will be maintaining two cars that will be a  pain on pocket..

how much do you think you're going to spend on this project? evo engines don't come cheap. making the transmission work for your car is another challenge and so is the rear differential which will need the whole subframe and possibly whole rear suspension, brakes and driveshafts. add also the cost of machining. don't even get me started on the electrics!

i understand that this car has some sentimental value to you, why don't you just honor it by not butchering it? also consider the time your car will be down. this project will not just be a weekender, this can take months, even years as some parts will either be bought overseas, machined, or be fabricated.

search in olx, gc8 wrx's can be had at 300k, this will be cheaper than your proposed project i assure you.

adrianne

I suggest you build a separate project car and use the ae92 as your daily rather.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel