News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

Looking for suggestions / tips in buying my first car

Started by bzarr, August 23, 2022, 02:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzarr

I am looking for my first car. Here are my top priorities, and usage:

1. Driving: Daily personal service around a small city in Leyte, then regular weekend trip to my small farm (which is only 20km outside the city. Roads are nice, then there's a short gravel road approaching the farm. Not too rough though, so off-road capability is NOT a requirement. Occassional provincial long drive for short vacations maybe once a month.
2. Utility requirements: Since I work at the farm every weekend - substantial cargo space is useful; but my farm is small scale only (not commercial size). Only several boxes of harvest, or 1 or 2 sacks of animal feeds is what I expect to transport weekly. If I ever need to transport something bigger (like a surf board) I guess a roof-rack would suffice. (if ever the farm ops expand in the futre, I'll just get a designated utility vehicle by then)
3. My top priorities are: Fuel Economy, Reliability, Cheap and Easy Maintenance. I don't care much about the looks, fancy accessories, nor comfort. I'm all about function and frugality ---> a car that can get me from point a to b, cheaply, and consistently.
4. I will mostly drive solo, or with my partner. No kids, and no other regular passenger is expected.

So far, considering the above, + my very limited budget (Php450 to Php650K), I am looking at the following:
A. Brand New: Suzuki S-presso 1.0 Gasoline
B. Used, 2015 to 2017 model: Hyundai Accent Hatchback CRDi 1.6 Turbo Diesel

Which of the two do you think suits me better? Or do you have other suggestions for me to get?

p.s. I considered early on getting used crossovers (2010 to 2014), or a Suzuki APV; since they offer more as a utility vehicle, and suits provincial driving more; however, upon discovering how much cheaper small cars are to run, I decided to opt for small vehicles.

Brent

The APV would be a better alternative if you're not locked in on a brand-new purchase.

The S-Presso would be more of a city car than something you can use for your farm.

The Accent is good if it was maintained properly during its life with its previous owner/s.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel