News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

b18c type r what next?

Started by nukee, May 22, 2003, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwikieg

pre, ikaw pa... ikaw nga hingahanga ko sa civic mo e,
go all motor nalang!!! buo mo ang type r!!! b16b piston and cam. tapos na ang usapan...

nukee

edmond,

so are you saying na overborring the block is better than stroking it to 2 liters?

What's the downfall of overborring the block to accomodate oversized pistons?

Bored

b16 to b20 = bye bye motor!
b18 to b20 = now you're talking....

As Mr. Jayvee stated in the earlier part of this thread a b20 technically is an engine for CRV but if you increase displacement from 1800cc to 2000cc then it may also be called a b20 (sort of).

You can oversize the bore to fit an 84.5mm piston to a b18 block (this has been proven countless) now for the rod lenght there's a much heated debate in using a short rod lenght or long rod lenght...it's up to the end user what he wants.

Always remember when building a frankie, block guards are quite advisable...especially playing with an aluminum block....another have it metalaxed...it strenghtens ur block material.

aight...

13.5 secs...SOHC all motor...see yahhh

edmond

nothing youll jtust have to resleeve the block depends on what size pistons yuoll be installing and a block guard.. if you have a bigger budget have it solid decked..

nukee

edmond

can you suggest a good shop that can do the things you said for me?

And how much budget are we really talking about?

Bored.

I'm not building a frankie anymore! I've been there na!!!
I replaced it with a b18c type r. I was thinking if i'll make it 2.0L

SFX

yung 4.785 na final gear only came in the 98 model year type r engine. the rest have a 4.4 final drive ratio. all type r engines have lsd's tho.

if anybody is interested in a SPOON 4.65 final gear please give me a call at 0917-5347636. better acceleration than the stock 4.4 (or 4.2) for local sir's but not as noisy on the highway as the 4.8 (super taas ng rpm when cruising).

Quote from: nukee on May 26, 2003, 02:32:04 PM
Yup,

I agree, why do i need to change so many internals pa kung type r na nga ung engine. It's supposed to be gud na diba kaya nga its so expensive. And another thing is it has lsd already and 4.785 final drive dahil nga  type r na b18c5.

Pareng qwikieg!!!

U guys are my inspiration kaya nga i'm sure na mag b16b pistons din ako eh. How about buying ung dati kong b18c5 cams? Bat d na nagrespond si Mark?

edmond

hi! hello cal up ricky deleon 9331366 ere marikina for machine shop precision in roces forgot the number.  golden eagle na solid deck sleeves call up khris 09175339437. or call up mato tan..

RS_Sprint

erL Motorwerx
51 C. Benitez st., Horseshoe, Cubao QC
(02)413-3911
[email protected]

http://www.erlmotorwerx.com -

Brent

Well the shops that can do these for you would be, Autoplus, ERE, and Matonetics. They are very well known and produce good reliable results. Ultimately it's up to you where you will bring your car. I'm pretty sure they will accomodate you with a good price quote on these.

edmond

i just want to add on what bored just posted.. get special pistons for your b20 block cause its really gonna be a pain in the ass if you dont have a custom hi comp piston.. call up wiseco. je. or arias.. 84mm bore is the stock bore of the b20 up to you if you want to oversize  compression suggestion would be 12:1 0r 13:1

Bored

Yep, edmund's rite...get forged pistons rather than alum-metal based pistons which federal mogul or sterling pistons makes...there are a lot of aftermarket out there. One thing is for sure, check all clearances...there's such a thing as racing clearance so you wont have to experience any valve floats. Also have your crankshaft blueprinted and balanced. Break in is important too...goodluck in your project...

hei edwin, hows your 1500? havent seen you in awhile  in the d series board....give me a mail got some news for yah!

aight!

13.5 secs...SOHC all motor...see yahhh

nukee

yup 4.785 tranny nga ung akin galing sa 98 spec na type r. At buong type r nga ung akin. It' seems like that some of you guys are suggesting mods for a frankenstein engine. I don't want to go back there. Scary mag frankie if you won't build it right kasi.

Any other shops other than autoplus, matonetics? I don't trust ere kasi eh.

edmond

how come you dont trust ere? did they stole something from you?or did anything bad? tell us about it so we knoe what to look out for.. :P or they beat you in a street race? just curious

nukee

edmond,

actually di  pa ako nagpapagawa dun! But i've seen most of his work run in the streets di ko masyado impressed. He never stole anything. But i've heard stories that he doesn't really put the things you've paid for and sometimes his headworks are too much. dunno just what ive heard

RS_Sprint

AHA! Alam ko na what's next! Ikarera mo na yan! ;)
erL Motorwerx
51 C. Benitez st., Horseshoe, Cubao QC
(02)413-3911
[email protected]

http://www.erlmotorwerx.com -

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel