News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

b18c type r what next?

Started by nukee, May 22, 2003, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bored

Dont want a frankie? have your engine balanced and blueprinted....it gives a whooping 20hp plus...

xlr8

Dondie

Type R tranny

Box

Autoplus.  :)
JDMselect - High Quality Parts and Service

144 Mindanao Ave. Q.C.

86 Gil Fern

N E I L

suspensions, u need to put all that power on the ground too ;)

nukee

type r na buo nga engine ko!
D frankie. Obviously di ko na kailangan ng type r tranny or box kasi meron na ako nun.

But nway, tnx for the replies guys!!!

In terms of pistons should i get a b16b ctr piston or get the spoon ctr pistons because it's balanced. What are the pro's and con's of a balanced piston?

CtLim

before doing anything drastic or expensive, you should have that dyno tested to check your wheel hp, sa autoplus then maybe you can go for a port and polish job there they did a great job on my b18c. ang lupit!

M.com

Spoon ctr pistons are just repackaged B series pistons from honda. naka bili na ako niyan. my friend also bought. You can see if the pistons if they are worked. just check.

M.com

Mukhang seryoso ka talaga. anyway, simple lang ang gagawin sa engine mo, ctr B16B pistons spoon or OEM one and the same. Have it worked in autoplus (balancing), headworks stage 4 at least (change valves na iyan), dyno tune if you plan to change box or if you have a piggyback device like a field or apex VAFC. And you will FEEL THE POWER!!!! (if your engine is a bit old 40k km. oversize na.)

Brent

Quote from: nukee on June 09, 2003, 12:08:56 PM
type r na buo nga engine ko!
D frankie. Obviously di ko na kailangan ng type r tranny or box kasi meron na ako nun.

But nway, tnx for the replies guys!!!

In terms of pistons should i get a b16b ctr piston or get the spoon ctr pistons because it's balanced. What are the pro's and con's of a balanced piston?

Hindi talaga balanced yun Spoon pistons. It just comes with a Spoon Sports box. Its STOCK. Balanced pistons perform optimally since they have balanced weight. But this isn't really that big a gain.

I've seen wonders with a worked up head without the bottom being touched.

As for piggyback, I think better for you to get an E-manage. But if you have a little more to spend, you could also try the Power-FC. Its a good enough programmable ECU for its cost.

Bottom line, power is not cheap. Choose wisely.

Try and have a baseline run and see how your engine can do at its present state. It doesn't cost so much. You might discover your engine as a freak engine.  :)

nukee

exactly my point.

I know na repacked lang ng spoon ung ctr pistons nila from honda, just like any other products they have. But they claim that the difference is that these piston's they have are balanced unlike the oem ctr pistons.

So do u think it's worth it to get the spoon pistons?

nukee

thanks brent,

nway, i'm not really into working in the head nymore kasi hand proted and polished ng japanese engineers na ung head ng type r. I'm scared baka magloose power pa coz i really don't know nybody whose good in headworks.

Is it true about the piston's u mean the spoon and oem ctr pistons are exactly the same? If that's the case i'll just get the oem ctr.

on another note? is it true na pag friends of autoplus ka 3500 na lang ang dyno per hour?

R-A-Y

In my opinion, as much as balanced pistons will really give better performance, I do not think it is as significant as it is hyped up to be, unless probably when you will need all the power that you can get because your car is used for racing purposes. And Spoon is sooooo expensive  >:(

I would recommend using the plain CTR pistons. They will do the job almost to the same caliber as those Spoon stuff since they are basically the same thing. Just my $0.02 ;D

Wow if you're friends with the people in Autoplus your dyno will just be 3,500 nalang? Hmmm..... interesting.... ;D

A little note: I merged the topics since both are just talking about the same thing. Hope this would make it easier for everyone :D

Benj

About the 3,500 dyno thing. That's not true, even if you're good friends with them, the price stays the same. Trust me...it's reasonable naman e. Don't tell me you've spent hundreds of thousands changing your engine and you can't even spend 5K+ for dyno tuning?
In a world of compromise, some don't.

nukee

Benj,

I'm just hesitant for the dyno tune kasi stock pa comp box ko and stock type r pa lang engine ko. So what's there to dyno tune nway, but i'll get there soon.

ctlim 76,

what did autoplus exactly do to your b18c head. type r din ba ung head mo or galing sa gsr lang? How much hp did you gain? What's your car and et?

M.com

Quote from: nukee on June 10, 2003, 02:03:29 PM
exactly my point.

I know na repacked lang ng spoon ung ctr pistons nila from honda, just like any other products they have. But they claim that the difference is that these piston's they have are balanced unlike the oem ctr pistons.

So do u think it's worth it to get the spoon pistons?

yes it is worth buying it will make your b-18 higher comp. its been done already.  spoon ctr pistons are indeed balanced, so are oem type r(factory balanced). they are one and the same. go to autoplus  they can balance it pa more precise. yan ang ginagawa nila. spoon s*** nga tawag nila doon eh. Blue moon sells them for about 16 to 17t.

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel