News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Main Menu

b18c type r what next?

Started by nukee, May 22, 2003, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nukee

M.com?

U mean the spoon pistons in bluemoon is around 16t to 17t lang?

do i need a fuel reg to control my fuel if i raise my compression in my b18c r when i put my ctr pistons?

RS_Sprint

Problem with evenbasic engine swaps is that JDM high-perf engines re designed to run optimally with 100RON fuel. Wala tayo nito dito. The knock-sensor (if so equipped) can only handle a few degrees of advance / retard (3-5 degrees -+) so you can be detonating, or your engine will not be running optimally since wala tayo 100RON fuel.

Ang maganda, magpa-baseline run ka muna sa Autoplus, AFAIK 2,000 lang. Tis will check engine parameters (AFR, intake temp, sensing for det. etc.).

Kung OK naman daw baseline mo, eh di wag ka muna pa-tuning until you get more mods and more moolah. Kung hindi OK, nakasabak na oto mo sa dyno eh di magpa-tuning ka na if you have the stuff already (cam gears, vtec / fuel controller, itc etc.). :)  
erL Motorwerx
51 C. Benitez st., Horseshoe, Cubao QC
(02)413-3911
[email protected]

http://www.erlmotorwerx.com -

CtLim

Quote from: nukee on June 11, 2003, 10:42:32 AM
Benj,

I'm just hesitant for the dyno tune kasi stock pa comp box ko and stock type r pa lang engine ko. So what's there to dyno tune nway, but i'll get there soon.

ctlim 76,

what did autoplus exactly do to your b18c head. type r din ba ung head mo or galing sa gsr lang? How much hp did you gain? What's your car and et?

- port and polish job and some other modifications on the head. nung bukas pa ang redline sila ang gumawa ng head. for some reason when i brought it the first time sa autoplus ung wheel hp ko 120 lang. they recommended to change the head and the box. (di ko na sasabihin ung ibang comments) but after cisco worked on it lumabas sakin 182hp on wheels. last time sya tumakbo mar 9 2001 pa. its a blue ek civic. check out the pic of the car sa dragracingpinoy on 3/9/2001 katabi ng silver bullet when it was parked. and its not true na 3500 lang ang dyno pag kaibigan sila. actually it depends on how much you've spent on your car and how highly they think of it. kinda like the same way that they wont give you a sticker if they think your car cant hold its own when you race. but kung friends... hmmm minsan libre pa nga eh!

Brent

Quote from: ctlim76 on June 17, 2003, 05:36:04 PM
- port and polish job and some other modifications on the head. nung bukas pa ang redline sila ang gumawa ng head. for some reason when i brought it the first time sa autoplus ung wheel hp ko 120 lang. they recommended to change the head and the box. (di ko na sasabihin ung ibang comments) but after cisco worked on it lumabas sakin 182hp on wheels. last time sya tumakbo mar 9 2001 pa. its a blue ek civic. and its not true na 3500 lang ang dyno pag kaibigan sila. actually it depends on how much you've spent on your car and how highly they think of it. kinda like the same way that they wont give you a sticker if they think your car cant hold its own when you race. but kung friends... hmmm minsan libre pa nga eh!

120whp? That's really low. Even lower than a stock SiR. If they told you to change the head, it would be a case of a badly done head. and probably a mismatch of ecu.

Indeed the 3500 dyno tuning is not true. Mura na nga yun 5000, coz it includes tuner. In the US, dyno rental is $100 per hour without tuner.

With regards to the sticker, it's like they have a name to protect and they don't want every tom, dick and harry having a sticker on their car and posing as this and that.

nukee

ctlim76,

ganon what was ur last et? So what was the new head you used? Was it a stock type r or was it other headed that they pnp? I don't mean to be rude or something but would you mind to gauge your car with mine para malaman ko ang difference ng dyno tuned car?

M.com

Quote from: nukee on June 12, 2003, 10:26:45 AM
M.com?

U mean the spoon pistons in bluemoon is around 16t to 17t lang?

do i need a fuel reg to control my fuel if i raise my compression in my b18c r when i put my ctr pistons?

Yes 16 to 17t lang ang pistons na iyan but i dont know how much they are now. Blue moon has special discount from spoon who in turn has special discount with Honda, hence the cheaper price. if you read my earlier post, if you are serious, stage 4 and up headworks ka lang and ctr pistons lillipad ka na. play with the box a little later. Fuel reg. for full race or forced induction.

CtLim

Quote from: nukee on June 18, 2003, 03:31:56 PM
ctlim76,

ganon what was ur last et? So what was the new head you used? Was it a stock type r or was it other headed that they pnp? I don't mean to be rude or something but would you mind to gauge your car with mine para malaman ko ang difference ng dyno tuned car?

Nukee

sure text me 09189056593 lets set up something. last time it ran a 14.3 on azenis semi slicks. at this time, nothing was lightened. all seats and spare tire intact. di pa nga naka free flow andun pa secondary mufflers and stock piping plus sakal nung tanabe na muffler. also had aroung 30kg of sounds in the trunk. cguro ngayon it'l be 13+ na. hirap talaga sa sedan mashado mabigat. but im not sure kung gaano kalaki ang diff with the changes made but im sure its substantial. less weight and improved exhaust. stock pa ung flywheel and clutch. have to make is streetable kasi ang lakas sa gas! as to the head, its a b18gsr nde pa type r.

|
Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel