News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Main Menu

nissan pathfinder queries?

Started by bogart, July 04, 2003, 10:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogart

Is a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 for P280k a good buy?  ???

I haven't seen this on threads, is there anything you could share?

Comments? Past experiences? capabilities?

thanks in advance.  :)

ryan_pogi

assuming in top condition (low mileage, suspension still A-ok, etc..), yep, good buy yan.  is that gas, or diesel?

for more help, you could try to visiting nissanbayan.com
people there are can help you with your queries.
i believe one of them is selling a USDM pathfinder V6.

peace 8)

-=the most admirable man on earth is the one who can bear u

Freeman

I am assuming this is the local "Pathfinder" pickup and not the SUV.

If it were so, the metal preparation done by the local assembler was poor, making these models prone to rust. I think this issue was addressed by the manufacturer in 1996 and up.

bogart

ryan_pogi, ronin,

thanks for the replies

the next questions are:
spare parts availability?
spare parts prices?
is it really underpowered considering it has a n/a 2.7 engine? (same as hi-lux 4x4)
items to be inspected?

many thanks again..

Freeman

Quote from: bogart on July 08, 2003, 11:22:19 AM
ryan_pogi, ronin,

thanks for the replies

the next questions are:
spare parts availability?
spare parts prices?
is it really underpowered considering it has a n/a 2.7 engine? (same as hi-lux 4x4)
items to be inspected?

many thanks again..

Brand new and surplus parts are available. The casa prices are obviously overpriced. You can purchase these from Banawe.

I do not think it is underpowered. The Hilux uses a 2.8 liter. Both pickups are not known for speed but both have ample torque.

Check if 4wd is working both lo and hi range. Test drive and see if smoke emits from the tail pipe. Check for rust especially in flooring. Best thing to do is to raise the vehicle in a service station hoist and inspect underneath.

arb

try to test drive it first. and observe the brakes. also try to make a u-turn and fully turn the wheels and you will hear some thing in the front suspension. check for the windshield rubbers especially the top part, and the rubbers on the side windows also, they are prone to heat and wrinkles.

Subscribe to our channel
subscribe to our youtube channel