• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
June 19, 2019, 02:03:00 pm

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.


Suspension Tech

Started by Leepu Awlia, February 27, 2005, 07:03:30 am

« sunroof where to... | spoon mirrors »
|

Operator

Quote from: hansonchua on August 23, 2006, 06:48:02 pm
thanks for the comp... ure such a great guy.hehehehe anyway, syempre may konting gas din and clutch dba?hehehehe pero mainly brakes... it took me more than a year to do it... d lang nga kaya yung mga full drifts... puro semi lang... pudpod nga ung handbrakes pag may mga full drifts...hehehehe


In case you couldn't tell, speedyfix was being sarcastic  ::)  :P

Operator

Quote from: hansonchua on August 25, 2006, 05:58:15 am
in case u couldnt tell, i was being sarcastic too. duh! the brain bro.... use it before it dries out.


May I direct you to this thread:

http://www.autoindustriya.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22377.15

Now who among us isn't using his brain? Search for your posts, I'm sure you'll find all sorts of stupid, nonsensical, and unrelated comments all over the boards. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one getting annoyed by your post whoring.

Anyway, I'll rest my case here, lest I give you more chance to rack up your post count   :P

wendell

August 25, 2006, 11:03:56 am #32 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:06:00 am by wendell
I am not familiar with these stuff, so may i ask: is the front wheel drive drifting thing with them mr.hansonchua using that handbrake of his is somehow a handbrake that seems to behave like a manual linelock or some brake lock?
---

btw i have read something about the physics of these oversteer and understeer things:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/r.g.bower/PoM/pom/node28.html

it is a good read.
Who am I? I am no-one. I do not know what you are talking about. I am a geek.

speedyfix

let's try to be civil even if we're actually being sarcastic.
Migs - 09175347636
Shop - 7226117

www.speedyfixph.com

308 P. Guevarra corner Seaview St San Juan

caohyde

just a question. would a combination of soft (as in stock feel) shocks and stiffer (non-adjustable gas) shocks be somewhat of a good compromise for a "street fighter" car? simply, getting coilovers with soft (6-8 kg/mm) spring rates is kinda difficult albeit expensive to obtain.

Accord GTR

Quote from: caohyde on September 13, 2006, 04:03:41 pm
just a question. would a combination of soft (as in stock feel) shocks and stiffer (non-adjustable gas) shocks be somewhat of a good compromise for a "street fighter" car? simply, getting coilovers with soft (6-8 kg/mm) spring rates is kinda difficult albeit expensive to obtain.


Did you mean soft springs and stiff shocks,  cuz you wouldn't want to mix and match shocks! 

Yes, street cars or even Togue fighters ala Mt. Akina kind-a-thing favors "sport" suspension which is what you are suggesting.  When you tune your suspension, you always have to consider the surface and road conditions you will be racing in.  Public roads are bumpy and at times, slippery, with oil and/or water.  Soft springs will provide more grip and stiff shocks will provide control.  You cannot overly lower too cuz you need maximum suspension travel.  I'd say 1-1.5 inch lowering is good na for Manila roads.  (for circuit you need 2-3 inches!).  Let me add that upgrading to larger diameter sway bars is also an excellent way to lessen the lean of your car.

Btw, 6-8 kgs springs are not that stiff pa.  My Accord uses it and I find them too soft for serious track work.  But they are actually ideal for the "street fighter" set-up.  Well, for other cars, especially those with strut suspension, using 6-8 springs for the street may be too stiff as the effective tire spring rate may be higher due to the suspension geomery. 

Generally speaking, sport suspension for hot-street is 8kg and below while circuit requires at least 10kg and above.  Type R uses @4 kgs and they are the best street suspension set-up for the street in my opinion although the ride is not exactly cushy due to the stiff shocks.



There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is

caohyde

Quote from: Accord GTR on September 14, 2006, 04:11:40 am
Generally speaking, sport suspension for hot-street is 8kg and below while circuit requires at least 10kg and above.  Type R uses @4 kgs and they are the best street suspension set-up for the street in my opinion although the ride is not exactly cushy due to the stiff shocks.


thanks nico for the reply, i appreciate it.

yeah, soft springs and stiff shocks. it's basically the same (roughly) as the type r setup. though right now my springs are the 2" drop kind. maybe this will do 'til i get my hands on some coil overs.

btw, would you know if there are aftermarket/replacement (kyb, tokico) shocks for hondas that have the same characteristics as the ones for the type r?

thanks a bunch!

Accord GTR

Quote from: caohyde on September 14, 2006, 04:15:23 pm
thanks nico for the reply, i appreciate it.

yeah, soft springs and stiff shocks. it's basically the same (roughly) as the type r setup. though right now my springs are the 2" drop kind. maybe this will do 'til i get my hands on some coil overs.

btw, would you know if there are aftermarket/replacement (kyb, tokico) shocks for hondas that have the same characteristics as the ones for the type r?

thanks a bunch!


I have KYB gas in my Lxi stock suspension with "putol" springs when I'm not using coilovers.  They are so nice actually for the car and I've run 2:02.5 with them in BRC in my race car which is an amazing 2.5 seconds slower than my full race suspension!  But the ride and cost is so so much better.

Type R uses Showa gas.  Nothing like the KYB or even Konis or Bilsteins, which I've tried also.  So much stiffer.  They will actually bolt-in to any Civic EK.  But the ride sucks for everyday use, but mine is quite worn already so I'm not sure if brand new shocks will have a similar ride to KYB but I doubt it.  It's in the valving...Type R Showa's ride shitty if you drive them slow, but drive them fast above 80kph and you feel in total control, quite opposite to ordinary oem or sport shocks.

Shock performance deteriorates with time.  Usually, KYB's and oem shocks last only 4-5 years on regular use while Koni, Bilstein last longer.  The more you race, the faster they will wear out.  Also they can get damaged going thru potholes and humps at high speed.

caohyde

thanks again for the reply, appreciate your inputs. :)

hmm... kyb's are fine then. probably the compromise that i've been looking for. are these the excel g one's or somewhere along those lines? showa gas for the type r's? are they available here as well?

thanks again!


Accord GTR

Quote from: caohyde on September 15, 2006, 08:08:51 am
thanks again for the reply, appreciate your inputs. :)

hmm... kyb's are fine then. probably the compromise that i've been looking for. are these the excel g one's or somewhere along those lines? showa gas for the type r's? are they available here as well?

thanks again!




Yah, I forget what the KYB's said but sounded something like that.  Just ask the dealer and make sure it's their sporty model.  All Type R stuff here is surplus.  You'll have to order it form Japan if you want brand new

bRri_GD3

any one can post some links about

how strut bars works?like  front upper,rear upper,lower arm,etc.

can find anything searching the net....there is, but lacks of inforamtion

thanx

GD3

Quote from: bRri_GD3 on September 17, 2006, 09:27:54 am
any one can post some links about

how strut bars works?like  front upper,rear upper,lower arm,etc.

can find anything searching the net....there is, but lacks of inforamtion

thanx


basically, it's just a bar that stiffens the chassis... Imagine you were holding a steel bar then then raise one of its sides while keeping the other at a fixed point.

Mikey23

Quote from: caohyde on September 15, 2006, 08:08:51 am
thanks again for the reply, appreciate your inputs. :)

hmm... kyb's are fine then. probably the compromise that i've been looking for. are these the excel g one's or somewhere along those lines? showa gas for the type r's? are they available here as well?

thanks again!




Bro excel G with lowering springs will actually last about 6months... :'( I have 4 new excel Gs and sparco lowering springs 2" with a rate of 3 and it only last after 2 RWYBs & 1 Trackday in Subic after that its soft na,       ( though I keep on tavelling the highways of North Luzon and to and from Baguio to Manila)  i guess the shocks from accord GTRs Lxi is a high end KYBs.. try asking feedback re: tokico if it lasts with lowering springs. ;)
I'm not Speeding... I'm Qualifying!!!

mr.blacktop

Quote from: caohyde on September 15, 2006, 08:08:51 am
thanks again for the reply, appreciate your inputs. :)

hmm... kyb's are fine then. probably the compromise that i've been looking for. are these the excel g one's or somewhere along those lines? showa gas for the type r's? are they available here as well?

thanks again!

bro if u want kyb gas shocks go for the "kayaba sr" dats the gold 1, before i switch to coilovers i used dat for my stock struts, by d way i used the "insert type" im not sure if dey made it for ur ek, il try to check it from the supplier



stranger

ok lang ba na likod lang ang babaan?just to have a bit of sporty look,mga 1in lang or so.car is a 98 corona.tnx

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter