• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2020, 12:17:28 PM

News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

what type of vulcanizing do you prefer?

Started by youngbankmanager, June 24, 2006, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

youngbankmanager

1. Patch
2. Insertion - the one wherein they insert like a "gluestick" and use a metal object to insert it to seal the puncture/s
3. Luto - they put a small patch of rubber then cook it together with the tire

Pros & Cons please...

Thanks!

BTW, I prefer #3...I hope it doesn't make any damage to my tires, been doing it since the day I learned how to drive and had flat tires...hmmmm, for almost 13 years now... ;D
No need to speed, the thrill is not worth the risk...

[IMG width=320 height=240]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/nasty_1_2006/cityter

quartzblu

for me insertion lalo na kung yung butas in between ng side and side na sumasayad sa daan. sabi rin kasi once tinanggal mo gulong sa mags you have to balance it kaya paginsertion wala nang balance balance

-Andrew-

hmmm interesting topic. never really given much thought to it. although im not an expert, almost lahat ng butas sa gulong ko was repaired through injection. dunno if its the right decision though  :)
We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.

nighthawk

sabi saken ng iba panget daw yung injection method. i once had vulcanized my tires on a near by shop, injection method and ginagawa nila, kasi tinutusok pa nila lalu yung butas tapos iniikot ikot, hindi ko tlga magetz yung logic dun. then after few month leak ulit. i personally prefer yung patch. They remove the tire from the rim and sander the leaking part and place adhesive and a sealer. yung bilog na parang rubber sticker pero muka namang matibay. since nun ok yung mga vulcanize ko. never had leaks or anything..

ConanĀ®

I've never had a problem with the insertion method.

Rent

Quote from: nighthawk on June 25, 2006, 12:54:23 PM
sabi saken ng iba panget daw yung injection method. i once had vulcanized my tires on a near by shop, injection method and ginagawa nila, kasi tinutusok pa nila lalu yung butas tapos iniikot ikot, hindi ko tlga magetz yung logic dun. then after few month leak ulit. i personally prefer yung patch. They remove the tire from the rim and sander the leaking part and place adhesive and a sealer. yung bilog na parang rubber sticker pero muka namang matibay. since nun ok yung mga vulcanize ko. never had leaks or anything..

maraming brand din kc insert, me bulok at me magadang klase rin...

-Andrew-

We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.

nighthawk

Quote from: -Andrew- on June 26, 2006, 04:42:04 PM
so what really is the verdict?

really depends on you i think, but im staying away from insertion.. :)  imagine maliit lang yung butas, then yung gagamitin na pang-insert malaki, mas lumalaki yung butas. just my 2 cents.. ;D

soccerjoe5

they'd have to enlarge the hole a bit to accomodate the insert. para sumakto yung fit and for it to function properly. i had the insertion method done and no problems

samuraiijack

IMHHHHO :)

di talaga maganda mag tusok ng tires lalo na pag steel belted... ganun ginawa sa akin for my toyo proxes, ilang ulit singaw ng singaw , ayun nag thread sep na daw  >:( useless na ang tubeless :(

Manga

ano ba ang ginagamit sa injection, something to rebond the rubber or just to shut the puncture? I had a puncture up on the mountains of Quirino province, 40+km away from the lowlands. Our friend got some rugby, and stripped, ~1mm, rubber interior, then insterted it in the tire. i of course was concerned of the treads. but it worked fine. we had to remove it 2 mo later when we then remembered we needed it patched. :)
Quote from: Nacho Libre on August 31, 2008, 06:23:06 PM
...Some people get too hung up on hardware and technology and for

samuraiijack

ang problema kasi dun yung pang tusok... parang matulis na dril shaped tool yun eh... ipapasok nun yung rubber na pang seal... ang problema starts pag ang tinamaan sa pag tusok ay yung thread/belt... so ang air daw dadaan sa ibang butas (old) at mahihiwalay miya yung tinner thread ng tire... kaya thread sepparation... so kahit pa patch yung tire... sa ibang butas na dadaan yung air... ang mag uuneven wear na rin yung tire because of un even tension...

lynyrd skynyrd

Inserts are a good ways to go specially if you have expensive rims that use low profile tires.  With INSERTS you don't have to dismount the tires from the rim.
Auto Plus
233 EDSA, Mandaluyong City
Tel. 7260399  7263066

blackrolla

well tusok din ang lagi ginagawa sa old set nungtires ko kase medyo hirap dito sa province mag dismount ng18"kaya pinapatusok ko na lang and syempre mas mabilis gawin :)  so farwala naman ako naging problem dun:)

jaySiR

I'll go for patch ayoko ng insertion kasi kahit maliit lang yung butas lalo pa nilang nilalakihan and then after few days or weeks nandun pa rin ang problema mo while luto napaka trabaho naman and minsan di marunong yung gumagawa

|