• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
January 29, 2020, 04:17:54 am

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

suzuki jimny

Started by sandstorm, January 15, 2007, 04:35:35 pm

« NAsFOR website | 4x4 shop cavite »
|

sandstorm

im a new 4X4 enthusiast and i recently bought a 2nd hand suzuki jimny. handling at highway speed is a bit difficult due to narrow wheelbase and stiff suspension maybe. i want to find a shop that specializes in 4X4 rides. i want to make my jimny more drivable at high speed and at the same time more macho and capable for off-roading.

suggestions anyone? and is there a jimny club/suzuki club out there that i can be a part of?

thanks in advance! and happy off-roading! mabuhay po kayo!

BryO.

hi sandstorm,

good day! as per your question......

for anything and everything offroad...

199 offroad house
look for ramon/ ronald

arb bumpers are available at rats,
look for b.y. ong/ nanette

hope this helps. :)

sandstorm

thanks for the info boy murit! i'll check out this shops. i hope there are other jimny owners out there that modified or plans to modify their jimnys that they can share their ideas or better yet pictures of their mini monster. :)

thanks and regards to all!!

pisces888

Hi Sandstorm,

I have a slightly modified Vitara myself (body lift, skid plate, t-case armor) 

Me and my friends have mostly Jimny's, Vitara's and Samurais

We have them done at Filmars , Katipunan near  Blue Ridge .  after the shell gas station on the way to Ateneo, it's right after the UCPB bank.  tel 4398759 .

look for Rod Marfil (the owner) or Nene (his assistant)

Or another option is Inline Motors, in UP Village c/o Benson  09162037974

Cheers!

Pisces

paulbaut

hi guys!

im looking for a jimny 2005-2006 A/T...i kno ur hardcore in using M/T but just in case u bumped into one,please PM or txt me at 09189119061. :)

paul

royski0069

Sir,

Tanong ko lang po baka meron pa available na Suzuki Jimny na 2nd hand din, kung may alam pa kayo... I am also planning to buy Suzuki Jimny preferrably MT, model year 2003, budget 300k.

maraming salamat...

royski

Quote from: sandstorm on January 15, 2007, 04:35:35 pm
im a new 4X4 enthusiast and i recently bought a 2nd hand suzuki jimny. handling at highway speed is a bit difficult due to narrow wheelbase and stiff suspension maybe. i want to find a shop that specializes in 4X4 rides. i want to make my jimny more drivable at high speed and at the same time more macho and capable for off-roading.

suggestions anyone? and is there a jimny club/suzuki club out there that i can be a part of?

thanks in advance! and happy off-roading! mabuhay po kayo!

Wolverine

Sandstorm:

The handling characteristics you described above are typical not only for the Jimny but any short and narrow wheelbased SUV.  Even the 3-door Rav4 which is arguably a more street oriented vehicle suffers from what others will call "twitchy handling".  This of course is also the reason for the Jimny's nimble handling on the trail.  It is quite difficult to have your cake and eat it too.  What I'm saying is if you want to set your vehicle up to make it very competent on the trail, it cannot also be stable at high speed on the road.  These 2 objectives are polar opposites and others that have chosen to modify their vehicles for offroading will tell you the same.  The only way to make your Jimny more stable at higher speeds is to lower the vehicle like a passenger car but that would defeat the very purpose for getting a Jimny in the first place.  High ground clearance = high center of gravity = less stable handling at speed.  I am not trying to discourage you but only point out the physical limitations of your vehicle of choice.  Having said this though, I will qualify my statement by saying  that putting wider tires on your vehicle will certainly make it more stable.  Just choose the right type of tread pattern because I serious mud tire which looks really sexy will not be the right type of tire for high speeds and they will also be noisier.  I suggest you first determine what particular characteristics or qualities in the vehicle you wish to enhance and then approach it from that philosophy.  It becomes very expensive when you are not sure of what you want in a car or if what you want is not consistent with the car's traits.  Good luck
Everything we do on earth leaves a track....May they be one's we'd

kitikat

Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat of a Jimny?  I want to remove the seat covers, but I cant seem to remove the bottom part of the seat.  Any screws or bolts I have to unscrew?  Or is it just a snap-on thing?  If its just a snap-on thing, where is is best part of the seat to pull it off?

robcdy

I think you need to choose what you really like.

If you're going for the high speed driving, you need to compromise the off road driving capabilities and vice-versa.

kudos!
The best example of leadership is leadership by example.

http://automotivepartsuppliers.com
http://roberts.com.ph/

Leo C.

If you're dead serious about being 4x4 enthusiast as you said, then concentrate and pursue your goal as a 4x4 enthusiast. Don't waste your time thinking on how to make your Jimny perform good on the highway. You will just be frustrated. Spend your money on serious 4x4 stuff and make your Jimny the beast or best off-road machine of all time  :banana: As to your daily commuting... well, there are other ways.  Or if you really need it as your daily car, a few improvements can only be made like a little suspension and tires upgrade.

robcdy

I agree. or better yet buy another car for your every day use..

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter