• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.
January 20, 2022, 07:51:08 AM

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Question about Petron blaze

Started by bitmd, June 02, 2009, 02:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

bitmd

I've been a user of shell v-power ever since the fuel filter got clogged by using blaze for a year. It's been 3 years of using shell v-power and no problems so far. Been thinking of going back to blaze since v-power is now with ethanol..  Does anyone have bad experiences with blaze being dirty or I've just had bad luck filling up with a dirty petron station? Thanks 

Conan®

Quote from: bitmd on June 02, 2009, 02:12:56 PM
I've been a user of shell v-power ever since the fuel filter got clogged by using blaze for a year. It's been 3 years of using shell v-power and no problems so far. Been thinking of going back to blaze since v-power is now with ethanol..  Does anyone have bad experiences with blaze being dirty or I've just had bad luck filling up with a dirty petron station? Thanks 

It's most likely the fault of the station. I've been a Blaze user ever since it first came out many years ago.

Crazy Eyes

Sa tingin ko rin dahil sa gas station.  May mga kaibgan ako gumagamit ng petron blaze, no problems daw.  Very satisfied.
"Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Victorb

+1 conan!

Petron must re-launch their Blaze --- "San Mig Premium 100 RON-E" hehe

samurai_rex

my 2.2l 4G63t runs on blaze. no problem.

head of operations smx convention center :)

bitmd

jp_757

Just heard on the news that all the petrol there has 10% ethanol already or just selected type of petrol?

I'm wondering how it will affect the performance of the cars especially modified ones if all the petrol will have ethanol already... As mentioned here that the V-power has ethanol and how come blaze doesn't have? ::)
"Speed Needs No Translation"

k.o

i had a problem before with my 2.5l xtrail nag clog din yung fuel filter using blaze, when i went back to the old unleaded no problems na

Pls Visit MOTHERS

cholo

I've been a loyal user of petron blaze and the only time I used another brand we encountered a problem pa. Maybe it is just the gas station where you filled up :)

Accord GTR

Regarding dirty fuel, I don't think it matters what station or brand, they are all dirty, some more than others.  I use pump gas (Blaze) in my race car and since we check the fuel system regulary, I notice how dirty the tank gets.  I have to drain the tank and clean it out once a year and change the fuel filter 2x a year.  I also check the injectors and they get dirt too and have to calibrate them.  They will be down to 90% of maximum flow if they are not calibrated.  When you "race" this can damage your engine if your injectors are dirty cuz at WOT in high-rpm, you may lean out and have detonation.

I think pump gas contains so many impurities from the steel tanks they are transported and stored in.  The steel tanks rust and gets mixed with the gas and this gets transferred eventually to our cars.  There's no preventing this so you need to change fuel filter and clean the inside of the gas tank and injectors once in a while.

Many car owners overlook this, cleaning the fuel system.  It's labor intensive but necessary if you want to have a healthy running engine that will last.

There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is

|