• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.
September 27, 2021, 04:04:03 AM

News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

Help! My car is currently submerged in flood water..

Started by jdm_rims, September 26, 2009, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

jdm_rims

My car is currently submerged in flood water here in Kingsville subdivision, the car is a 94 Accord automatic transmission. The water goes up until mid window. This is the first time I experienced this and I don't know what to do... what are the possible damages it got from the flood? what are the steps I need to do once the water settled? How much in approx do I need to spend for the repair..
Need Cheap Japan Rims??? http://jdmrims.multiply.com/

soy_hid

change oil
change oil filter
fuel filter
drain your gas tank
change transmission oil and transmission strainer/filter
change a/c compressor oil
change brake fluid
radiator coolant
remove your carpet and seats to dry it up
dont start your vehicle you have to be sure that your computer box is dry before starting and clean all electric terminals
clean the entire vehicle

jdm_rims

Yung Battery, HID, Head Unit and Speakers masisira??

Brent

If you can disconnect the battery, please do so. Kahit medyo late na it might prevent more damage. Water and electrical currents don't mix well.

Head unit most likely sira na. Pag good quality HID kit, di naman basta basta masisira kasi may mga gaskets yan for the ballast. Yun speaker naman its the magnet and voice coil thats going to get damaged. Have it checked nalang by a repair shop before using it again.

jdm_rims

LoneWolf26

Boss, I had the same problem, pero what if mga low-level lang (beneath the seats ang level ng baha), pero nabasa ang muffler?:(

TheNonpareil

Masisira na rin po ba ang airconditioning pag ganito?

LoneWolf26

I think we should request the Admins to make this a 'sticky thread' so that all of the owners of cars who got submerged in the flood caused by typhoon 'Ondoy' will know what to do before we even start our cars.

Help Mods! :)  Please make this a 'Sticky' thread, don't you think that is appropriate at this time? :)

The Jordan

My 2001 Lancer GLS also got submerged in water. i removed with the help of my friends all the carpets, seats, panels, dash, air filter and will drain the oils and all the fluids later in the afternoon.

I have some questions i hope you guys can help me.

1. Do i have to disassemble my A/C fan? or just let it dry for say, a week?

2. Where is my ECU located? is it beneath my headunit near the shifter?

3. Do i change the oil twice just to be sure? and do i have to drain the fuel tank and radiator?

4. When i towed my car home pag dating sa bahay i hosed down the entire interior of my car then sinabon ko ung buong loob after i took off the carpet. ok lang ba un or i did more damage?

Yung water till roof ng car then maputik pa ung water. i put WD40 in all the bushings, electrical wires and most of the engine bay after i hosed it down. can i put WD40 in the alternator as well?

TIA
The real question is.. when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

TheNonpareil

Also, what happens to the computer box pag nalubog ang car almost 2 days under water?

jon_rave

well im one of the unfortunate my car was submerged in flood water.i start ko na ba yung car para to test kung ok pa or much better kung maghanap na lang ako ng mekanikong gagawa nun hay di ko na talaga alam gagawin ko parang lahat sira na tapos habang nakalyubog yung kotse ko umaandar yung wind shield parang taong nalulunod na nagmamakaawa tinangal ko na yung battery actually yung isa ng connector lang kasi wala na ako makita sa ilalim ng hood ko tell me naman kung what to do and mga how much will i have to pay if ever para may idea ako,PLEASE tell me...hindi ko pinaandar yung kotse sa baha kasi sabi mas masamang mamatayan sa baha ka pinabayaan ko na and tell me naman tips pag may mga ganong pagkakataon...PLEASE HELP ME :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :dontknow: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Sunny

jon_rave -

tanggalin mo baterya - hose down mo buong interior and exterior nang kotse, pati engine bay para tanggal ang putik.

if EFI remove the ecu and clean with distilled water if the ecu was penetrated with water and mud, you can also use electrical contact cleaner - then let air dry - cross your fingers it still works - make sure not to create any static electricity when handling the ECU

disconnect MAF, MAP, TPS and IACV connections and clean with contact cleaner or carb cleaner - air dry (be careful not to spray directly into the hot wire sensor within the MAF (Mass Airflow) Meter

get a rag and try to clean as much of the mud or dirt if it penetrated your intake manifold

Tevs

also - posted previously - i added some stuff as well

change air filter
change oil
change oil filter
fuel filter
drain your gas tank
change transmission oil and transmission strainer/filter
change a/c compressor oil
change brake fluid
radiator coolant
remove your carpet and seats to dry it up
dont start your vehicle you have to be sure that your computer box is dry before starting and clean all electric terminals
clean the entire vehicle
Pull your carpet and wash - hose down floor pan and open drain plugs for water to drain out

Zmokaz

Sirs, nagpa-estimate ako sa Nissan Gallery kung magkano aabutin gastos sa repair ng otong nabaha, eto po...

Interior Detailing (inside washover/details/labor) = 8-10k estimate
Engine Check (including ALL oil changes/filters/cleaning/electrical/labor) = 20-25k estimate

Wala pa dyan yung major parts na papalitan just in case nasira (wag naman sana) tulad ng computer box.  :crybaby2:

San pa po ba pwedeng magpagawa na mas mura pero quality pa rin? Hirap kasi ganitong sitwasyon, sa dami ng nasirang oto usually yung mga dekalidad na gawaan pwede ng pumalpak sa dami ng nagpapagawa...quantity over quality na.

Kay Boss Migs kaya? (Magkano po estimate nyo sa hanggang bubong na nabaha? Nissan Sentra GX 1.3L A/T)

heinrichranches

-Disconnect the car battery and remove it.
-Drain the motor oil. Let it drain at least overnight to get all of the water out.
-If you car does not have a sealed transmission, drain the transmission oil. Let it drain for at least overnight.
-Remove the spark plugs. You can set the spark plugs on the side for later use.
-The next day, add new motor oil and transmission oil.
-Put the battery back in and reconnect it.
-Turn the ignition key so the engine attempts to turn over. The car will not start without spark plugs. This is done to get the water out of the cylinders.
-Remove the old air filter. Replace the air filter with a new one.
-Put the sparks plugs back in. You can use your old spark plugs or buy new ones.
-Start the car.
HTH

theveed

David Lee Tong
Founder: Pinas Auto Detailiny
Co-Founder: Big Bert's Professional Detailers

|