• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.

Who is planning to join any series/championships this year?

Started by nemo, January 03, 2011, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

chrisboy

nemo

Quote from: chrisboy on January 04, 2011, 10:46:34 AM
is it hard to do autocross?

i can imagine that slalom and autocross would be difficult without powersteering. but without coilovers, you can still manage on lowering springs and shock combo. it's all up to the driver on how to control the car with given equipment. your equipment will not make you utilize 100% of your car's set up.. it is the driver that will be able to achieve the car's full potential, and beyond regardless of the set up.

so in a nutshell, autocross is less difficult compared to circuit racing mainly for one reason, big reason: SPEED. you don't reach circuit racing speeds in autocross, so you're not teetering on the limit of adhesion at speeds well over 100kph around pylons in a parking lot.

but needless to say that all forms of motorsport do require skill.

chrisboy

i assume that track and autocross requires different set of driver skills? or they would compliment each other? i would like to concentrate on circuit but should joining autocross be beneficial in upgrading one's driver skill, then i guess it would be a good option to join autocross too.

nemo

Quote from: chrisboy on January 04, 2011, 12:16:52 PM
i assume that track and autocross requires different set of driver skills? or they would compliment each other? i would like to concentrate on circuit but should joining autocross be beneficial in upgrading one's driver skill, then i guess it would be a good option to join autocross too.

it's good training for circuit as well since it requires driver sensitivity :)

rt140se

well... the more events we join, the more we'll get known.

@matt: thanks in advance for your support on this. si shagee na lang ang kulang and we're good to go full force.

@all: i still can't commit yet pero i'll try my best to go with the circuit events... lam nyo naman yung deficiencies ko due to lack of power steering. pero rest assure, i'll be there to support everyone in all the events you chose to join. :thumbsup:

nemo

@jez: no problem. it's been a long time since i've been wanting to get more of us involved :)

don't let the lack of power steering stop you :) lets work those shoulders! kaya mo magparallel parking with one hand kahit naka pawis steering ka. hahahaha

chrisboy

@nemo.... thanks bro.

don't know much about car set up and stuff. will surely need all the help i can get on this endeavor.

sige sige let's do this.

nestong

hi mga poging papables... :evilgrin2:

given the change i would want to join circuit showdown... again like others have mentioned.. i also have some tings to fix in my car... sana mabuo at maayos ko to when this event comes... practice also may do.. this will be a one hell of a experience for me and for the team hehehehe :evilgrin2:

Kenpepe exposure na natin to.. hehehe...
oh shit!!.. that dog?!.....ay!!! [email protected]$k!!!!!

SR71Blackbird

Teka, wala bang "Piko" o "Bahay-Bahayan" man lang?

:rofl:
Oh Sh!t I'm Late Again!!!

nemo

Quote from: chrisboy on January 04, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
@nemo.... thanks bro.

don't know much about car set up and stuff. will surely need all the help i can get on this endeavor.

sige sige let's do this.

don't worry bro, you can text me anytime. im just using a temp number right now and not my other globe line.

i'd be more than willing to lend a helping hand to you guys in terms of race set up :)

Cross020

Ahh finally. Serious talks about joining one or more of these events. I guess we can check people who will be driving for the team and what events people want to join and take it from there. 

One obvious advantage with auto cross and slalom is the cost and the venue's close proximity to the city.

ilovehumps

Quote from: Cross020 on January 04, 2011, 07:40:31 PM
One obvious advantage with auto cross and slalom is the cost and the venue's close proximity to the city.

korek! kaya baka dito muna ko pag nagkataon hahaha  :rofl:

para sakin naman ang napansin ko lang sa autocross/slalom, less speed sya kaya hindi masyado nakakatakot unlike sa circuit, kung magkamali ka sigurado kakayanin pa ng brakes wag lang maglock kundi bangketa agad. usually hangang 2nd gear lang sa slalom, 3rd naman sa autocross. maganda syang training ground dahil mahahasa ang precission steering ng driver, masasanay ka rin na dumudulas dulas yung oto during tight turns so you will learn to control the car during those situations which is beneficial sa circuit specially hairpins. youll discover the limits of braking & accelerating too! also weight shifting (though low speed only). pero parang mas madali ang autocross kysa slalom, dahil masyado tight ang slalom, may 180 at 360 turns. ang autocross mas mas marami straights thus required higher gear, mas maluwag ang turns, wala 360, may 180 pero mas wide. ang ayoko lang sa ganito race, masakit sa kamay nakakapulikat, at pag bigla lumaban yung manibela nakakakorbo pag tinamaan ka, nakakahilo, mahirap kabisaduhin yung layout, malakas umubos ng gulong, mas pwersado yung makina.

pag nagsawa ka na sa slalom / autocross and decided to go circuit, maninibago ka kasi feeling mo ang luwag luwag ng track, pero nakakalula kasi ang bilis.  ;D

私の愛はこぶ トヨタカローラAE101用

atty_hen05

Autocross and circuit racing for me. ;D

Nemo's right, autocross will improve driver sensibility. Its definitely an "upgrade" if you learned driving from a driving school. I've joining shago's events and I only went up to 3rd gear once.. but the average is 2nd gear. It will surely test how you know your car.

chrisboy

ok. can you run your car with the same setup in autocross and circuit?

rt140se

Quote from: chrisboy on January 05, 2011, 07:19:17 AM
ok. can you run your car with the same setup in autocross and circuit?
yup. just take note of your camber and alignment settings.

|