• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
March 29, 2020, 03:35:19 am

News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

POSITION OR ANGLES OF FRONT AND REAR SPRING SHACKLES FOR A SMOOTHER RIDE

Started by mike004006, December 13, 2016, 09:58:51 am

« HELP>Under the Hood Noise | Lower Arm - palitin na po ba? »
|

mike004006

I want to replace my front and rear leaf springs , because the springs are almost flat looking and have no more arch or bend to them ,and the ride is really hard , they are about 15 years old now ,but not sure what angle to put the shackles, the one's on the rear now , are about 45-50 degrees forward of the eye of the leaf spring to the frame , and on the front springs , the shackles are about the same angle or even a little more than 45 degrees to the rear of the eye of the spring to the frame , I'm hoping i can get a smoother ride with the new springs and shocks that will be put on , but need to know what angle to put the shackles for the front and rear shackles , i have 15 inch tires , it has a 4k engine  5 speed trans , and its usually just me and my daughter that ride in it ,,i really don't carry any heavy loads ,,but if i do , i have American air shocks on the rear Axel and just add air if i need to have heavy load . please reply with any advice as to the angle's for each Axel .

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter