• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
January 29, 2020, 04:42:55 am

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Just wanted to share some Offroad pics

Started by Wolverine, January 09, 2003, 05:46:50 pm

« Jungle Base Jan 26 Participants list your names here : | Cheap Mud terrain tires »
|

wolf den

Drex- The site of the pics belongs to Delta Recon thats wolverine's club a real "Hardcore group" of 4x4 adventurers my Web site if it is still up is http://www.sports-only/all-sports/feroza/ its a website of my other "puppy dog" Lone Wolf my Lc-60 is a BJ not a FJ (oil burner) bwahahaha.... i also have a M-151a1 "mutt"

Wolverine- very nice site!!!!!!

FYI to all I just recently acquired a property beside jungle base where Dennis and I intend to put up the 4x4 driving school as well as a adventure camp every body is invited to "Hang Out" ill be there this weekend to clear up the place coz its heavily forested with a lot of under growth.

Wolverine

January 13, 2003, 03:29:18 am #16 Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 03:30:34 am by Wolverine
Hey Wolf:

I need to see the property you chose to acquire.  Hmmm....looks like you have something up your sleeve! Wish I could be there this weekend but will be away indulging in other interests.  I should be back the following week though.  Good luck cleaning the undergrowth.  Dont turn it into a walk in the park ok?
Knowing you, you'll probably turn it into a real nightmare!  Lets play!!!  Will it be accesible for the proposed ride on the 26th?  A few of us in A.I would like to explore the area.  given that a few of our regular haunts have been gradered, we will want to find alternative routes.  Maybe a back road to Jungle base and kinda rest and swim a little at the back of the Tunnel or in one of those water holes in Layban.  Give me some ideas so I can plan a route.  Tatawiran is tempting but thats for another ride when we have a couple of days to spare.  Would you recommend Barrio Batangas? Please let us know the present trail conditions.  Hopefully they will be more wet than dry!  Happy Trails!
Everything we do on earth leaves a track....May they be one's we'd

crawdaddy

Quote from: Wolverine on January 10, 2003, 02:13:48 pm
Craw - Check the fully decked out Hi-lux in the pics.  That one is for sale.  It's a U.S. version with the 22R gas engine.  Just in case you might be interested.  That sucker is full of features.

hanap ko stock eh... I'm still in the very early learning stages and mas ok matuto with a stock vehicle, don't you agree?

I wanna talk to you pala, I'll send you a PM one of these days... I'm also thinking of getting a Suzuki, the only thing that's sort of stopping me is I have 2 kids, so 5 kami sasakay, baka masikip...

drexx

Jan. 16, 2003 (UTC -8)

Quote from: crawdaddy on January 14, 2003, 06:28:35 am
(snipped) I'm still in the very early learning stages and mas ok matuto with a stock vehicle, don't you agree?

I truly agree, that learning how to drive with a stock vehicle is a very, very good thing. It depends how capable a stock rig is though... specially those equipped with rear diff lockers... But before you start experimenting, I do suggest:
1. Be financially prepared to be able to repair your beloved 4x4.
2. Invest in skid plates, at least for the transmission & transfer case housing, and the IFS. Whacking the underside is not a question of "if", but a question of "when".
3. Know the color code of your vehicle. So you can more quickly repair paint scratches before your wife sees it!
4. Go with others of stock setup. If you go wheeling with highly-modified 4x4's, they'll get you in trouble.  ;)
Drexx Laggui  -  TLCA; PMC
San Jose, CA, USA
My off-road action! UZJ-100W; FZJ-80L; HDJ-80L; LN-166
[IMG]htt

johnqpublic318

hanap ko stock eh... I'm still in the very early learning stages and mas ok matuto with a stock vehicle, don't you agree?

For beginners, it's good to keep the truck close to stock but not completely unmodified.

Minimum mods must be MTs and a limited-slip.  If you waste your money on all-terrains, you'll be wanting to buy MTs when the weaknesses of all-terrains becomes apparent after running thru mud.  Am I right, Rookie & RVT? :)

A completely stock vehicle running street tires is a recipe for breakage because most people you'll be trailing with will have mud-terrains.  If you trail with a group like this, you'll be powering your way through obstacles that you could just crawl through if you were running MTs.

There are, of course, exceptions to the rule because some vehicle like the Unimog, G-wagen, Hummer and Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are already very capable box-stock.

rookie

Right JohnQ. Saw what them MTs were for.

Went for the ATs as was quite unsure what offroading was all about.

Hindsight wise, should have looked first before i jumped! Well, this is all part of my learning experience.

Should have found this board earlier! Relied too much on hearsay! Haha!

Wolverine

Rookie,

Thats how i got involved in this board in the first place.  I learned the hard way, when I started in this activity.  i always wanted to test the new products that were available for my vehicle.  Some of them work.  Some don't. Some work but don't like being combined with other products.  After having tried these things and spending unnecessarily, I wanted to let others know what I learned so they don't need to spend needlessly.

Can you believe that I have gone through eight (8) sets of tires looking for the one that works best for my needs.  This is all in a span of 2 years.  the tires werent even worn out.  After all my vehicle only has 9,000 km right now (or something like that). went all the way from 27 inchers to 33's which I'm wearing now.

If I can be of any assistance, let me know.  If I can make you or others save parang hindi nasayang ang "tuition" ko.  Happy Trails!

rookie

Wolverine,

Very much appreciate your and everyone elses assistance.

Think this is in essence the spirit and bond of this board, to help out and share.

crawdaddy

Quote from: rookie on January 17, 2003, 12:35:32 pm
Wolverine,

Very much appreciate your and everyone elses assistance.

Think this is in essence the spirit and bond of this board, to help out and share.

totally agreed!

anyway, the only mods I plan to install in the immediate future are tire upgrades, and light offroading lang naman ang gagawin ko (with the help of you guys, kayo din naman magsasabi sakin kung kaya or hinde ;D )

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter