• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.

July 10, 2020, 09:31:02 PM

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Cheap Mud terrain tires

Started by wolf den, January 14, 2003, 02:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

wolf den

For those of you who wish to get Mud terrain tires with out losing an arm and a leg, a member of the Land Rover club is offering 7.50 x 16 "kargador" thread mud terrains tire height is equal to 32 inches in diameter and for 15 inch wheels. price is 2800. another option is the Gajah Tunggal savero Mud Terrain series available from 30x9.5 x 15 to 33x12.5x15 sizes the 33's are just 4200 a piece. these are the most affordale mud tire's I know of in the market. remeber your suppose to wear the proper footwear on you particular activity, there is no such thing as compromise in safety.  :)

doc

thanks wolf. i was just about to post a question re: the Savero MTs .  Are they comparable to lets say the Dunlops or Geolandar?    

the driver

How about Simex MT ?

Is the re a site of Simex and Gahaj Tunggal, for us to see the thred configurations.
" Each day we either get better or worse.
                 The choice is OURS ! "

Wolverine

Doc:

If you are pertaining to the Geloandar M/T's and the Dunlop MT2, I would say that these tires are a notch or two above the Savero with respect to performance in Mud.  Have seen and personally tried these 3 tires and those were my findings.  The Geo M/T was very competent in the mud as was the MT2's.

The Savero has a slightly harder rubber compound and actually wears better than the other two if used on paved road.  the other two tires have a softer rubber compound.  The Savero also has a very decent ride because of the softer sidewalls.  This of course, is not an advantage on the trail when it comes to durability but it does have an edge on the comfort aspect.  hope this helps.
Everything we do on earth leaves a track....May they be one's we'd

rookie

Is the Dunlop MT any good? Prices where in the prices Wolf quoted last quarter of 2002, for 32s that is.

Doesn't Kits carry the Simex tires?

johnqpublic318

Quote from: rookie on January 14, 2003, 07:00:11 AM
Is the Dunlop MT any good? Prices where in the prices Wolf quoted last quarter of 2002, for 32s that is.

Doesn't Kits carry the Simex tires?

MT2s are great.  I use them on our Trooper and MOJO uses them on his box-stock Sportrac.

Plain Dunlop MTs are a notch below.  However, they are affordable and still quite competent.  

MT2s are available only for 16-inch rims.  The 265/75R16 (32-inch) size is priced in the mid-P6,000.

speaking of  cheap M/Ts, do you have any feedback on the Maxxis Buckshot Mudders?

nic

Can you recommend stores that sell these brands. Thanks!

johnqpublic318

Quote from: Guest on January 14, 2003, 12:52:04 PM
speaking of  cheap M/Ts, do you have any feedback on the Maxxis Buckshot Mudders?

Denman used to make Buckshot Mudders but Maxxis, famed motocross tire maker, has since bought the company.

Great reputation with U.S. mud boggers but  I've never tried a set.  Design is old but tried and tested.  Can be noisy on the highway.

I like its aggressive military-like tread design.  Available in both radial and bias-ply for 15-17 inch rims.

Wolverine

When Maxxis bought Denman, they bought the company's 2 designs, the buckshot and the groundhawg.  Both of these design are a little long on the tooth but still effective for most applications.  The buckshot is an effective mud tire but does not have the added benefit of side traction because of the traditional practice of concentrating on  surface grooving and not lateral grooving.

Part of their charm and popularity in the U.S. is due to their durability and relatively inexpensive price.

sixpack

I've heard that there's also this Mitchelin 9.00 x 16 tires that is cheap.  Have anyone use them.  It seems to me that this tire was made for construction purposes due to its High ply rating (14PR).

Wolverine

No personal experience with the Michelin though I remember Dale Abenojar selling something similar.  In my opinion, a 14 ply tire might be a little bit too stiff for light truck use.  That sidewall will be stiff and may not be as effective on the trail. They would probably last a long time though for regular use and have a tremendous payload capability.

johnqpublic318

Quote from: sixpack on January 15, 2003, 02:30:41 AM
I've heard that there's also this Mitchelin 9.00 x 16 tires that is cheap.  Have anyone use them.  It seems to me that this tire was made for construction purposes due to its High ply rating (14PR).

Blasphemy! :)  They were made for military purposes-- not construction.

I've never had them on my vehicles but I've seen them in action and have ridden a vehicles equipped with them.  Yes, Dale Abenojar did use them when his Range wasn't a Reover yet and it still had passenger seats and a body.

A couple of LRCP boys also run them on their LRs-- one on a Defender and the other on a 109.

Bill Swails of EarthRoamer.com used to run Michelin XML 9.00-16s on his world travelling Dodge but has since moved to 325/85R16 (38" tall, 12.5" wide) Michelin XMLs.

My friend who ran the 9.00-16 size on his Defender conquered a lot of Mt. Maarat, Aurora and Mt. Pinatubo trails with those Michelins.

4Wheel & Offroad runs 42-inch versions on their Ultimate Superduty and so do many Unimogs  

They aren't the best mud tires but they won't let you down a long expedition.  Their radial construction makes them great all-around tires.

I'm a big fan of these tires and I was going to run a 9.00-16 set on my Canter but I found their 36-inch height too tall for my truck's wimpy 3.6-liter diesel. engine.

You can find complete specs of these Multi-purpose Tactical tires on the Michelin commercial tire website.

There's supposedly an armored vehicle builder/supplier who sells them for less than P6,000 each somewhere in Q.C.  That's a bargain!

the driver

To all offroaders,

I myself is looking a cheap mud tires....but...

Think of this guys, all of us were able to have at least a  4X4 .... such an expensive hobby... and then were looking for a cheap mud tires.... if only the vehicles can talk..." di bagay sa akin ang Savero....pag nagpumilit ka baka itirik kita sa putikan ikaw rin..."

I will just save for another decent set of mags and mud tires....... hope b4 summer I would have a MT's b4 the rainy season....much mud... he he he he

Peace !!!!
" Each day we either get better or worse.
                 The choice is OURS ! "

rookie

Hahahaha! That's a good one RVT!

Seriously though, a friend of mine used the Savero on his cruiser, bilis daw maupod. Uses the cruiser as a daily driver to and fro San Leonardo, N.E.

|