• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
January 25, 2020, 04:47:51 pm

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Daihatsu Terios 4x4 SUV

Started by rally_truckster, January 20, 2003, 05:11:11 am

« BIODIESEL PRIMER | Need Help - In the Market Looking for a 2nd Hand 4x4 »
|

rally_truckster

I already saw this SUV on Daihatsu websites and SUV magazines, have you seen the Terios? The review on magazines said that it is nice. It is in 5door SUV flatform, the front looks especially has the copy image of the Feroza models 1995-2000. The rear taillights looks like from the Volvo 850 wagon and the old Honda CR-V. The engine is powered by a DOHC 16 valve 1.3 liter DVVT (Daihatsus Variable Valve Timing), it also has a Turbo DOHC 16 valve 1.3 liter DVVT engine found in the Turbo Aero model. Sana magkaroon niyan dito sa Philippines. =)

Freeman

I saw this vehicle in Malaysia, a far cry from its off road capable brothers, the Feroza or Rocky.

It's a soft roader, monocoque body and after that I did not bother to read on....

crawdaddy

Quote from: FReeMaN on January 20, 2003, 06:51:21 am
I saw this vehicle in Malaysia, a far cry from its off road capable brothers, the Feroza or Rocky.

It's a soft roader, monocoque body and after that I did not bother to read on....

I need a dictionary... SuperNuB strikes again!

what's "monocoque?"

DaWorm

I also saw the Terios in a recent trip to Penang Malaysia, along with some local 4wds made by Perodua. It's interesting to note that the local Airport police there uses the Feroza (white body paint).
Join the Feroza-ph Mailing list! All Feroza owners and interested parties welcome!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/feroza-ph/

wahoo

Quote[

what's "monocoque?"

craw, monocoque means chasis and body are integrated, examples of such are RAV4, CRV..and mga kotse. Unlike a True 4x4 the body and chasis are seperated. HTH  :)  

rally_truckster

Sayang monocoque body pala siya, ok pa naman yung porma. And yung engine may DOHC 16valve turbo gasoline pa naman. And another good thing there that it is in 5door body style, anyway mas gustoko padin ang Feroza its almost samein size naman. =)

crawdaddy

Quote from: wahoo on January 25, 2003, 06:48:42 am
Quote[

what's "monocoque?"

craw, monocoque means chasis and body are integrated, examples of such are RAV4, CRV..and mga kotse. Unlike a True 4x4 the body and chasis are seperated. HTH  :)  

ah ok! thanks man! "ladder-frame" ba ang sa true 4x4s?

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter