• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
January 25, 2020, 04:31:27 pm

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.


Monroe shocks

Started by Pamps, January 27, 2003, 08:01:27 pm

« Emission Test | Rear brake pads for 1990 Pajero »
|

Pamps

where can I find it? Can someone help me? contact numbers would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :)
[img]htt

drexx

Jan. 31, 2003 (UTC -8)

How about Old Man Emu shocks + springs? I believe they're the same thing. I don't know anybody who imports them from Australia though...

Drexx Laggui  -  TLCA; PMC
San Jose, CA, USA
My off-road action! UZJ-100W; FZJ-80L; HDJ-80L; LN-166
[IMG]htt

nic

I was able to buy Monroe from the distributors at Masancay, Manila. I forgot the name of the store and the contact number  ;D but you won't miss it if you go there, they have a big sign. They also sell Rancho. Actually it was Benj who recommended the place, he probably has the number.
I tried Banawe pero hirap maghanap ng Monroe don

Oldman is available at RATS Katipunan and Pasong Tamo  

Pamps

Nic,

thanks alot. Do they install there or is it a sales office? what models do they have?

Drexx,

RATS is the importer of Old man emu. What do you mean by being the same thing? Old man emu is the same as monroe? If I'm not mistaken the makers of rancho is the same as monroe:) I checked the RATS branch in Alabang and its a bit too pricey for me :) :)

drexx

Feb. 1, 2003 ( UTC -8 )

Quote from: Pamps on February 01, 2003, 08:03:44 pm
[...]
RATS is the importer of Old man emu. What do you mean by being the same thing? Old man emu is the same as monroe? If I'm not mistaken the makers of rancho is the same as monroe:) I checked the RATS branch in Alabang and its a bit too pricey for me :) :)


Thanks for the info Pamps. I am told by my Dutch and Aussie buddies that Old Man Emu shocks are custom-made for them by Monroe Shocks.

johnqpublic318

February 01, 2003, 10:29:58 pm #5 Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 11:50:26 pm by johnqpublic318
My friend, Phil, has busted 3 out of 4 OME shocks on his Frontier in less than a year or so.  However, he loves the ride and off-road performance so he's sticking to them.  Besides, RATS (Philippines) gives a 2-year warranty on its OME shocks and they've replaced his busted OMEs in 20min each of the 3 times he's gone back.

Whether you see this info as a glass that's half full or half empty is up to you.

drexx

Feb. 1, 2003 ( UTC -8 )

Quote from: johnqpublic318 on February 01, 2003, 10:29:58 pm
My friend, Phil, has busted 3 out of 4 OME shocks on his Frontier in less than a year or so.  However, he loves the ride and off-road performance so he's sticking to them.  Besides, RATS gives a 2-year warranty on its OME shocks and they've replaced his busted OMEs in 20min each of the 3 times he's gone back.

Whether you see this info as a glass that's half full or half empty is up to you.


Hahaha! I share the same experience and sentiments as your friend Phil! Right after these series of jumps, with my wife, 2 kids, two sisters, 1 day worth of provisions and 2 onboard fuel tanks (67 gallons), we busted all four shocks!
http://www.realcruiser.com/pismo/drexx/

Since then, I switched back to the original Toyota shocks, but I'm not totally happy with it... the Toyota shocks don't rebound fast enough for the aftermarket heavy duty springs. But I too love the ride of the OME shocks with the OME coils and Sway-A-Way torsion bars... and that's the key -- proper mating of shocks to springs. I've been procastinating about the Bilsteins, but I see that the 5000 series don't offer extra 1+" travel as the OME's do... and I don't know yet if their other pricier models will fit my trucks without any modifications. I'm actually partial to the Sway-A-Way Racerunner (http://www.swayaway.com) shocks, but they're damn pricey and again, I don't know yet if they'll fit without any mods on the suspension system (i.e. it must be bolt-on shocks).


johnqpublic318

Drexx,

Doesn't OME have a lifetime warranty here in the U.S.?  Did they replace your shocks for free?

Try Bilsteins.  If the 5100s don't fit, check out the pricier 6100s, 7100s, or even the top of the line 9100s.  These race-series shocks come in various damping rates and are re-buildable.  Available in either schrader or remote-reservoir type.

Bill Swails of earthroamer.com runs dual 5100s in his continent conquering 12,000 pound Dodge Ram.  He busted them up running singles but has good experience running them in duals.

nic

Pamps,
It's a sales office so they don't install there

Pamps


drexx

Feb. 2, 2003 ( UTC -8 )

Quote from: johnqpublic318 on February 02, 2003, 12:01:04 am
Drexx,

Doesn't OME have a lifetime warranty here in the U.S.?  Did they replace your shocks for free?

Try Bilsteins.  If the 5100s don't fit, check out the pricier 6100s, 7100s, or even the top of the line 9100s.  These race-series shocks come in various damping rates and are re-buildable.  Available in either schrader or remote-reservoir type.

Bill Swails of earthroamer.com runs dual 5100s in his continent conquering 12,000 pound Dodge Ram.  He busted them up running singles but has good experience running them in duals.


Nope, OME only has a 2yr warranty, and that's it. I have to pay to ship the bad OME shocks to Texas, and then back here again in California...plus, I can't find the old receipts or at least the invoice... worse still, the good ol' salesman that I knew has been long fired... so I haven't really sent back my OMEs yet.
I'll check out the Bilsteins more. I'm much more likely to go for the shocks with the remote reservoir than with dual-shack setup 'coz
1. the remote reservoir unit is relatively much easier to install
2. it's also enough for my trucks weight and terrain + speed demands
3. I'd need to weld in brackets for the much stiffer dual-shock system... oh yeah, mas matagtag kapag dual-shocks

Thanks for the tips reminders dude. Rock on.

Pamps

johnqpublic318,

RATS only gives the full 2 year warranty if you get the  full suspension kit :) If you get only the shox you only get 1 year :)

drexx,

I dindnt know that olad mans are made by monroe :) I learned something new again today :) hahahahaha

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter