• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
March 29, 2020, 03:14:56 am

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

|

Wolverine

January 17, 2003, 10:46:46 am #30 Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 10:47:34 am by Wolverine
Truckster:

While I agree the Feroza is more spacious and even probably faster (after all, it has a larger motor), I think Suzuki's intention is to create an urban vehicle with serious off-road potential.  Its a newer philosophy in the SUV market that I think has a very realistic utility in the Philippine setting.  If you are located in an urban high traffic area, the Jimny allows you to make the most of its size and flexibility.  It has newer engine management that makes it more efficient than the Feroza and probably a power to displacement ratio that does so as well.  Blame it on improved technology.  I've seen these vehicles going down the expressway doing 120-130 and thats fast enough in my book for a vehicle of this type.  I don't know how much faster the Feroza goes though.  I test drove the Jimny and it was smooth and very manueverable.  The shift from 2H to 4H was also very well engineered.  All in all,I think it can be the perfect vehicle for some people just like the Feroza probably is to you.

I guess it all boils down to what you want from a vehicle.  I for one like solid axles with coil suspension.  You probably prefer IFS for its comfort.  Then again I prefer to be climbing rocks, crossing rivers, and going slow while you prefer a fast,lowered Feroza you can take to  the dragstrip and install sideskirts on.  It's all a matter of personal taste.
Everything we do on earth leaves a track....May they be one's we'd

rookie

Really boils down to our way of appreciating things, to each his own. Like they all say, "Beauty is in the eye of the ..." blah,blah,blah.

But am really quite impressed with the Jimny. Power to weight ratio is excellent, quality of ride is acceptable, handling is quite superb for its size, did 140 with ease in the North Diversion on the way to that Philippine Motorsport thing last year and got pretty good mileage to boot, 12 kms/liter highway, 9 to 10 city.

Brought it stock basic trailing with this AI group the last Tanay Basic Course II, climbs with superb ease, didn't get stuck and didn't encounter any problems. Yun lang nga, maliit likod for four. My son who drives it, loves it too!

rally_truckster

We agree also that Suzukis and Daihatsus are manufacturers of good offroaders. And we already speed the Feroza on 120 to 130 also. And it is already fast for vehicles in these sizes or categories. And like wolf's Feroza it is one of the Daihatsu Ferozas in the world that proved its great offroad ability. And it is not good to lower an SUV, we recommended that tip for Feroza owners because it will lose its offroad ability and theride will becomeworst like a Charade. I still respect the Suzukis in their performances, and just like what you said its just a matter of taste. And the Feroza is very sentimental to us and tried and tested. More power to your Suzukis!! =)

rookie

Rally_Truckster,

Can understand your passion and sentiment for the Feroza, Wolf Den shares the same. His Feroza has accompanied him to many places, proven and tested no doubt about it.

You should meet him and share his stories.

Why not join us in the Tanay Trek on the 26th? Wolf will be there.

superfour

the suzuki jimny at first may be belittled especially in the urban jungle of manila.
i have owned one since november last year, and i just fell in love with it all over again after a 1500 km run from manila-vigan-laoag-pagudpud-tuguegarao-manila over rough roads (especially in tuguegarao), rain and water, grime, mud, sand (laoag and pagudpud), you name it....

it has never failed on me, and the impressive weight to ratio has compensated forthe DOHC 1.3 L aluminum engine (which makes it lighter too). despite its stance, you can drive at fast speeds through twisties and winding roads.

small yes...but man, torture it against the crv, rav or some other pickups in offroad terrain and see who is belittled =)

hail to suzukis =)

you'd have to get rid of the stock tire though which sucks bigtime. slap on some pirelli socripions and off you go... (it'll sacrifice acceleration speedthough and perhaps 5 kms from topspeed...due to the tire weight.

Wolverine

Quote from: superfour on July 13, 2003, 09:11:44 pm
the suzuki jimny at first may be belittled especially in the urban jungle of manila.
i have owned one since november last year, and i just fell in love with it all over again after a 1500 km run from manila-vigan-laoag-pagudpud-tuguegarao-manila over rough roads (especially in tuguegarao), rain and water, grime, mud, sand (laoag and pagudpud), you name it....

it has never failed on me, and the impressive weight to ratio has compensated forthe DOHC 1.3 L aluminum engine (which makes it lighter too). despite its stance, you can drive at fast speeds through twisties and winding roads.

small yes...but man, torture it against the crv, rav or some other pickups in offroad terrain and see who is belittled =)

hail to suzukis =)

you'd have to get rid of the stock tire though which sucks bigtime. slap on some pirelli socripions and off you go... (it'll sacrifice acceleration speedthough and perhaps 5 kms from topspeed...due to the tire weight.

I agree completely.  for general go-anywhere capabilities, economy and utility, this vehicle is hard to beat.  This would make a very capable, relatively comfortable, and fun cross country vehicle for 2 people and all their luggage.  Utilization of the back seat is best reserved for smaller people (kids) or if you're hauling adults, make it a short trip.

Gunslinger

for the history buffs,

question lang, why did they call it the JIMNY?

Aldee

Quote from: Wolverine on July 14, 2003, 06:23:04 am
Quote from: superfour on July 13, 2003, 09:11:44 pm

hail to suzukis =)

I agree completely.  for general go-anywhere capabilities, economy and utility, this vehicle is hard to beat.  This would make a very capable, relatively comfortable, and fun cross country vehicle for 2 people and all their luggage.  Utilization of the back seat is best reserved for smaller people (kids) or if you're hauling adults, make it a short trip.

Wolverine, we are inviting you and the gang to once again be members of the suzuki 4x4 club, we need people like you with regards to the setting up of the stock and modified classes for the future races.

Let bygones be bygones cause your best friend from the club will soon be kicked out. We hope you can join the club once again.

superfour

Quote from: tomahawk on July 14, 2003, 01:16:30 pm
for the history buffs,

question lang, why did they call it the JIMNY?

here are possible answers:

http://www.worldoffroad.com/vehicles/jimny.asp

abroad it replaced the suzuki sierra. here in RP, it supposedly replaced the suzuki beaver.
but its ben around during the 70s, had a name change, retained in other countries...

its a sissy name but i like driving an underdog

Wolverine

July 14, 2003, 06:22:22 pm #39 Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 06:28:25 pm by Wolverine
Quote from: Aldee on July 14, 2003, 03:58:56 pm
Wolverine, we are inviting you and the gang to once again be members of the suzuki 4x4 club, we need people like you with regards to the setting up of the stock and modified classes for the future races.

Let bygones be bygones cause your best friend from the club will soon be kicked out. We hope you can join the club once again.

Aldee,

I personally and sincerely thank you for the re-invitation.  As you probably know, D.R. has always supported the activities of the Suzuki club.  Though we may not be formally affiliated with the group, this has never stopped us from riding with you guys and enjoying the trails together.  We have made many friends in the suzuki club and I can say that most of its members are fine and upstanding individuals.  I guess sometimes one bad apple can really spoil a totally good bunch.  But, as you say, this is water under the bridge and bygones should be forgotten.

I will certainly relay your message to the group and see what they say.  We have a completely democratic arrangement and try our best to respect the wishes of the membership.  In truth, our resistance to joining is more of a dilemma on how we can fully participate in the suzuki club.  I know I speak for our entire group when I say that we would like to be able to give our 100% if we decide to join.  Therein lies our problem since we can barely get time to arrange ourselves to meet everyone's schedules for our own activities.

Hindi naman siguro maganda kung naturingan nga kaming Suzuki club member kung hindi naman namin magampanan ang pinakasimpleng responsibilidad o' obligasyon ng isang miyembro.  Ganun man, ang mapapangako lang namin ay ang kung meron man kaming maitutulong sa pamamaraan ng kaalaman namin o kaya sa kakayahan namin ay taus pusong ipamamahagi rin namin sa sino man ang makakapakinabang nito.  Suzuki club member man o hindi.

Kung hindi man po kami makasali sa club ay huwag sana po ninyong isipin na kami ay nagpapa-importante.  Hindi po yun ang dahilan. Tinuturing po namin kayo bilang mga kaibigan. Ang totoo nga ay kami'y lubos na nagagalak na nais ninyo kami'y makibahagi sa grupo muli. Kami lang po ay naninigurado na kaya lang namin gampanan ang mga obligasyon bago kami sumige at makibahagi sa inyo.  Salamat po.

MACARONI

Hey, I think I know the person you're talking about. Why is it so? ??? Is it because of what happened in the Suzuki race? I've heard you guys at Suzuki 4x4 Club are fond of kicking out members, but my question is "is that a consensus or just a decision of a "few" privileged persons in your club? Are you following certain procedures. Hey, I've heard about last year's purge too where original  some members were kicked out.

Aldee

Quote from: Wolverine on July 14, 2003, 06:22:22 pm

Aldee,

I personally and sincerely thank you for the re-invitation.  As you probably know, D.R. has always supported the activities of the Suzuki club.  Though we may not be formally affiliated with the group, this has never stopped us from riding with you guys and enjoying the trails together.  We have made many friends in the suzuki club and I can say that most of its members are fine and upstanding individuals.  I guess sometimes one bad apple can really spoil a totally good bunch.  But, as you say, this is water under the bridge and bygones should be forgotten.

I will certainly relay your message to the group and see what they say.  We have a completely democratic arrangement and try our best to respect the wishes of the membership.  In truth, our resistance to joining is more of a dilemma on how we can fully participate in the suzuki club.  I know I speak for our entire group when I say that we would like to be able to give our 100% if we decide to join.  Therein lies our problem since we can barely get time to arrange ourselves to meet everyone's schedules for our own activities.

Hindi naman siguro maganda kung naturingan nga kaming Suzuki club member kung hindi naman namin magampanan ang pinakasimpleng responsibilidad o' obligasyon ng isang miyembro.  Ganun man, ang mapapangako lang namin ay ang kung meron man kaming maitutulong sa pamamaraan ng kaalaman namin o kaya sa kakayahan namin ay taus pusong ipamamahagi rin namin sa sino man ang makakapakinabang nito.  Suzuki club member man o hindi.

Kung hindi man po kami makasali sa club ay huwag sana po ninyong isipin na kami ay nagpapa-importante.  Hindi po yun ang dahilan. Tinuturing po namin kayo bilang mga kaibigan. Ang totoo nga ay kami'y lubos na nagagalak na nais ninyo kami'y makibahagi sa grupo muli. Kami lang po ay naninigurado na kaya lang namin gampanan ang mga obligasyon bago kami sumige at makibahagi sa inyo.  Salamat po.

Wolverine,
Our door is open to you guys anytime, since some of our members doesn't have much time too and it wouldn't be a problem, I am inviting you so as to solidify in our love for the sport and of the vehicles we use.

Huwag po kayong magalala dahil ang sa amin po lamang ay isang paganyaya sa inyo na sana maging isa muli. Kung di man kayo makibahagi sa amin ay ituturing pa rin namin kayong mga kaibigan at kaaliyado sa ating larangan ng 4x4.

Mabuhay kayo Delta Recon.

Aldee

Quote from: MACARONI on July 15, 2003, 06:46:23 am

Hey, I think I know the person you're talking about. Why is it so? ??? Is it because of what happened in the Suzuki race? I've heard you guys at Suzuki 4x4 Club are fond of kicking out members, but my question is "is that a consensus or just a decision of a "few" privileged persons in your club? Are you following certain procedures. Hey, I've heard about last year's purge too where original  some members were kicked out.

We are trying to justify last year's incidents and we are still studying our by laws regarding these matter, it will not be the "privilege few" who will decide but will be the consensus of members. We are not a club that is fond of kicking out members only a bad apple and not the bunch who has heen manipulating those things. We are somewhat setting a standard so as not to violate members previlege and rights.

For some of us who has witnessed the incident, it was a shame to include him as our member, we feel that he does'nt deserve our respect and admiration.

ROCK_CRAWLER

oh no, it's happening again.  are we talking about the our common best friend ?

Gunslinger

Quote from: Aldee on July 15, 2003, 06:45:26 pm
Quote from: MACARONI on July 15, 2003, 06:46:23 am

We are trying to justify last year's incidents and we are still studying our by laws regarding these matter, it will not be the "privilege few" who will decide but will be the consensus of members. We are not a club that is fond of kicking out members only a bad apple and not the bunch who has heen manipulating those things. We are somewhat setting a standard so as not to violate members previlege and rights.

For some of us who has witnessed the incident, it was a shame to include him as our member, we feel that he does'nt deserve our respect and admiration.

Can we please go back to the main topic... "THE SUZUKU JIMNY"

Moderators pls. redirect the discussion here... mawawala na naman sa pinag-uusapan dito.

|

Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter