• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.
December 01, 2021, 05:28:57 AM

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

Tools

Started by clyde, October 21, 2003, 12:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Mardy-GTI

Quote from: clyde on October 21, 2003, 12:24:12 PM
Tools:[/b]

A selection of good tools is a basic requirement for anyone who plans to maintain and repair his/her own vehicle. For the owner who has few tools, the initial investment might seem high, but when compared to the spiraling cost of professional auto maintenance and repair, it is a wise one.

The newcomer to practical mechanics should start off with a minor repair tool kit which is adequate for the simpler jobs performed on a vehicle. Then as confidence and experience grow, the owner can tackle more difficult tasks, buying additional tools as they are needed. Eventually the basic kit will be expanded into the repair and overhaul tol set. Over a period of time, the experienced do-it-yourselfer will assemble a tool set complete enough for most repair and overhaul procedures and will add tools from the special category when it's felt that the expense is justified by the frequency of use.

When buying tools:[/b]

For the do-it-yourselfer (DIY) who is just starting to get involved in a vehicle maintenance and repair, there  are number of options availabel when purchasing tools. If maintenance ad minor repair is the extent of the work to be done, the purchase of individual tools is satisfactory. If, on the other hand, extensive work is planned, it would be good idea to purchase a modest tool set from one of the large retail chain stores available. A set can usually be bought at a substantial savings over the individual tool prices, and they often come with a tool box. As additional tools are needed, add-on sets, individual tools and a larger tool box can be purchased to expand the tool selection. Building a tool set gradually allows the cost of tools to be spread over a longer period of time and gives you or your mechanic the freedom to choose only those tools that will actually be used.

Tool stores will often be the only source of some special tools that are needed, but regardless of where tools are bought, try to avoid cheap ones, especially when buying screwdrivers and sockets, because they won't last very long. The expense involved in replacing cheap tools will eventually be greater than the initial cost of quality tools.

Invest wisely.  ;)

Care and maintenance of tools: [/b]

Some tips in handling those precious tools you have:

Good tools are expensive, so it makes sense to treat them with respect. Here's how:

1. Keep them clean and in usable condition.
2. Store them properly when not in use.
3. Always wipe off any dirt, grease or metal chips before putting them away.
4. Never leave tools lying around in the work area. Upon completion of a job, always check closely under the hood for tools that might have been left there so they won't get lost during a test drive or worst can
cause further damage to moving mechanical parts in the engine.

Some tools, such as screw drivers, pliers, wrenches and sockets, can be hung on a panel mounted on the garage or workshop wall, while others should be kept in a tool box, tool bag or tray.

Measuring instruments, guages, meters, etc. must be carefully stored where they cannot be damaged by weather or impact from other tools.

When tools are used with care and stored properly, they will last a very long time. Even with the best of care, though, tools will wear out if used frequently. When a tool is damaged or worn out, replace it. Subsequent jobs will be safer and more enjoyable if you do.

Happy wrenching!  ;)

Mardy-GTI

mga sir., bago lang po ako dito sa AI, tanong lang po (mumurahin) maganda ba ung brand ng wrench na ford grip? at ano maganda brand ng crocodile jack para sa Mitsu galant model 92 at ilan tons po? thank'z :) :) :) 

aid03

I have a GM goodwrench wrench for heavy duty stuff when i go take off my tires and it works pretty good. Don't know about ford but i bet you'll be fine with it.

Mardy-GTI

San po ba dito sa laguna makakabili ng mura, pero orig na mga tools? ano po brand?

spyghost

hi,

where can i buy these tools:

- spring compressor
- bushing remover/installer
- end yoke holder

Manga

Quote from: spyghost on February 13, 2008, 02:08:12 AM
hi,

- spring compressor
- end yoke holder
TrueValue
Quote from: Nacho Libre on August 31, 2008, 06:23:06 PM
...Some people get too hung up on hardware and technology and for

spyghost

Quote from: Manga on February 13, 2008, 09:21:51 AM
TrueValue
mga magkano kaya po ang ibubudget ko para sa mga to?

ty

nigel629

if u really wanna invest in tools ,i recommend SNAPON   :thumbsup:i been using this one since 1990 and still in good condition....expensive but its worth it...craftsman is also good  :)cheers

talabantot

mine is stanley been using it since 2001 3 cars na dumaan sakin lahat d.i.y ko lang coz i fix my own car even change engine wala pa ko ncra maski 1.pro nakakita ko mugen sa pic lang ang lufet..

talabantot

Quote from: spyghost on February 13, 2008, 02:08:12 AM
hi,

- spring compressor
- end yoke holder

caloocan boss madaming bilihan ng tools pati mga crafts man and snap on meron...ilalim ng lrt baybayin nyo lang dun.

spyghost

dre, gotesco area ba to?

green

sa east area naman sa MYTOOLS pangalan ng shop beside meralco junction

papajay17

Wala mabili maganda tools sa mga malls. You have to go direct sa mga suppliers!

For me the best talaga Snap-On! Hands down!
Sunod na yung mga MAC, Matco and Cornwell tools!
Hazet and Facom ayus lang rin!

Pag nka budget ka try KTC Tools and Sata! Mga Asian/Japanese brands ito! Way Cheapers sa mga US/Euro brands na nabanggit ko! Wala kasi Craftsman USA dito sa Pinas eh! Murang OK din yun!

spyghost

any local supplier contact numbers or emails?

a3n3as

How about Eagle brand? Meron akong nakita sa Ace Hardware 1 set of tools for a reasonable price    :)

|