Guys, need your expertise.
I recently got my 4-1 headers last week from Ex Manila, its a crush bent with spoon specs.
Prior to the headers, I was using my stock exhaust manifold but was bored out to fit the ported exhaust. I think 17 and sucat nung port holes which was perfect for the headers.
Anways, aside from the stock exhaust manifold I had pipings installed from Nodalos with the resonator. Pipings were 2" and laslty my muffler was an original N1 Spoon muffler.
Before the headers, I find my muffler to noisy but really deep ang bass sound. Kahit low rpm, umiingay na sya. Due off course dahil naiipit sa stock manifold ko lahat ng pressure.
With the headers installed ito yung mga napansin ko;
1. Di na sya masyadong maingay at low rpm umiingay lang sya at 4,000 rpm above. - this was okay
2. At high rpm mas mabilis and respond ng engine and bumils sya pero medyo nawalan ako ng torque at the low end - still this was fine.
3. If i step on the accelerator until 6,000 rpm then release the pedal, me parang back pressure sound sya na lat na matinis....enggggggggggg...(parang naririnig nyo noh? juz use your imagination). And it was coming sa ilalim ng front seats and not the muffler.
I brought it to Nodalos to check for leaks, wala. Then I called up Mang boy ng Ex Manila, his first and only suspect was the resonator. Baka daw wala nang laman, usually kase either me foaming (yun ata) or fiber gglass sa loob. My questions are;
1. Is this true? Is the resonator the problem?
2. Or kailangan ko mag switch to 4-2-1 which is way to expensive at this point since nabili ko na yung 4-1?
3. Or are there any other suspects/ reasons kung baket ganito tunog.
Hope you guys may have the answers.