Guys, I'm new to this forum but an oldie in being a car & sound enthusiast. I've tried a few China Double Din Head units like VTREC, JVC, some China no named models and lately an OEM looking Double Din HU fitted on my 2011 Hilux. So far, the one installed on my Hilux is the most promising because of its excellent navigation system, dual zone (meaning the GPS functions while music or radio is playing), excellent sound and ease of use. However, the iPod control is lousy because you cannot see the songs on the HU's LCD screen, you can only do pause, play, next and previous song commands on the screen with no possibility of modifying your iPod's settings.It also does not charge your iPod while it is connected
Can I get your suggestions, experiences and comments on what is the best China Double Din DVD Head Unit w/ iPod Control, GPS/NAVI & Dual Zone???
I like to upgrade to a better head unit immediately. Here are my non negotiable features:
1. it must be double din ofcourse with DVD functions. Front load or sliding screen is acceptable.
2. it must be able to FULLY CONTROL my iPod through the Head Unit's LCD screen.
3. it must be able to charge the iPod while it is connected to this Head unit.
4. it must have an excellently functioning GARMIN Compatible NAVIGATION system.
5. it must be DUAL ZONE - meaning it can play the iPod songs and radio music while GPS/NAVIGATION is functioning.
6. it must have at the back: Subwoofer out, video in/out, aux in etc.
Hope you can share your experience. I'm looking at Lightning Lab units but I was informed that it does not charge the iPod when connected. Also, I have not seen the screen showing iPod controls yet. Does anyone have other opinions and experiences on these units?
Thanks in advance guys!Linkback: https://www.autoindustriya.com/talkboard/sound-discussion/14/what-is-the-best-china-double-din-dvd-head-unit-w-ipod-control-gps-and-dual-zone/32536/