XII. Engine surges while holding accelerator steady:
1. Intake air leak.
2. Fuel pump faulty.
3. Loose fuel injector wire harness connectors.
4. Defective ECU or information sensor. XIII. Engine stalls:
1. Idle speed incorrect.
2. Fuel filter clogged and/or water and impurities in the fuel system.
3. Distributor components damp or damaged.
4. Faulty emissions system components.
5. Faulty or incorrect gapped spark plugs.
6. Faulty spark plug wires.
7. Vacuum leak in the fuel injection system, intake manifold or vacuum hoses.
8. Valve clearances incorrectly set. XIV. Engine lacks power:
1. Incorrect ignition timing.
2. Excessive play in the distributor shaft.
3. Worn rotor, distributor cap or wires.
4. Faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs.
5. Faulty fuel injection system.
6. Faulty ignition coil.
7. Brakes binding.
8. Automatic transaxle/Continously Variable Transaxle (CVT) fluid level incorrect.
9. Clutch slipping.
10. Fuel filter clogged and/or impurities in the fuel system.
11. Emission control system not functioning properly.
12. Catalytic converter plugged.
13. Low or uneven cylinder compression pressures.
14. Obstructed exhaust system. XV. Engine backfires:
1. Emission control system not functioning properly.
2. Incorrect ignition timing.
3. Faulty secondary ignition system (cracked spark plug insulator, faulty plug wires, distributor and/or rotor)
4. Fuel system malfunctioning.
5. Vacuum leak at fuel injector(s), intake manifold, air control valve or vacuum hoses.
6. Valve clearances incorrectly set and/or valves sticking. XVI. Pinging or knocking engine sounds during acceleration or uphill:
1. Incorrect grade of fuel.
2. Ignition timing incorrect.
3. Fuel injection system faulty.
4. Improper or damaged sparkplugs or wires.
5. Worn or damaged distributor components.
6. EGR valve not functioning.
7. Vacuum leak. XVII. Engine runs with oil pressure on:
1. Low oil level.
2. Short in wiring circuit.
3. Faulty oil pressure sender.
4. Worn engine bearings and/or oil pump.
that's about it for now. next chapters will be Engine Electrical System and Cooling System
[/b][/i] quick troubleshooting.Linkback: https://www.autoindustriya.com/talkboard/well-maintained/18/engine-quick-troubleshooting-guides-part-ii/9362/