• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2020, 12:08:49 PM

News:

Welcome to the AutoIndustriya.com Car Discussion Forums!

AE101 Rollcage

Started by nestong, July 14, 2010, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

ilovehumps

Quote from: atty_hen05 on July 18, 2010, 07:27:58 AM
We'll I'm doing this partly for my car and partly for the spacol initiative..  ;D atleast, if we want to set up a permanent racecar for an event, ikakabit nalang natin ang mga pyesa..hehehe

binyagan na yan sa last lap!  :thumbsup:

私の愛はこぶ トヨタカローラAE101用

gianGT4

paktay na!

IMHO if there will be any secret weapon(s) for Last Lap, better if its discussed off board..  :thumbsup:
Oh shiiett na malagkit na nagkadikit-dikit na kulay violet!

atty_hen05

Another one is posted by 2lits sa GT...6k daw.

Initial_B

May official roll cage specs ba required for clark and brc? Tube diameter and thickness? Seamless weld or pwede yung bolt on assembly? Next project na sa list ko ang roll cage, gusto ko sana removable so seamless weld hindi possible, but if di naman papasa ang bolt on sa inspection ng clark/brc officials then wag nalang, tampo na ako sa kanila  :rofl:
You ask any ricer, any serious ricer. It doesn't matter if the other guy is racing or not. A win is a win

nemo

Quote from: Initial_B on April 27, 2011, 04:45:04 PM
May official roll cage specs ba required for clark and brc? Tube diameter and thickness? Seamless weld or pwede yung bolt on assembly? Next project na sa list ko ang roll cage, gusto ko sana removable so seamless weld hindi possible, but if di naman papasa ang bolt on sa inspection ng clark/brc officials then wag nalang, tampo na ako sa kanila  :rofl:

hey benj, the roll cage specification isn't track specific, but rather event specific. it really depends on the event you plan on joining as each competition has their own set of rules. From what I know from a friend who competes in GT races, the specified material for the roll cage is only available at Kilton (owner of BRC and CIS). for circuit showdown naman, they don't require a roll cage. BUT, i strongly suggest you put in a roll cage even if the rules say you don't need one. Safety precedes everything.

If you want to get fancy, you can look up FIA's rules for the S2000 class. here's the link: http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/625423190__AppJ_Art_263.pdf

You'll find a complete list of the regulations that FIA requires for their sanctioned events. There are extensive diagrams on the roll cage requirements and even for "bolt-on" sections. So it'll be a good idea to follow their specifications since the FIA spends a lot of money on Safety in motorsports and even on public road safety.

nemo

for GT races and Drag race regulations of BRC and CIS go to: http://www.batangasracingcircuit.com/
then search "regulations". you'll find the list of regulations for both categories on the bottom. clicking on the link will prompt you to download word document files. :) HTH

regarding the tubing, in the states SCCA requires Drawn Over Mandrel (DOM) and not ERW. DOM has better strength and is more suitable for roll cages versus ERW. Seam welded tubing can be used.

Now knowing what it's like here in the Philippines, shops will most probably use different terms or "slang" terms for these products. haha

SR71Blackbird

@Initial_B and nemo
Let's talk about this over a cup of coffee. Hope we can come up with something detachable. I trust your craftmanshop and discipline on specs over something which we don't know where it came from.

Please let me know once it gets into production.   ;)
Oh Sh!t I'm Late Again!!!

Initial_B

The regulations just says roll cage mandatory. I guess the bolt on type would be ok, I was hoping to run in Pro Class with slicks but looks like ill stick to Expert class because, my seat belt is only 4 point, my racing suit is not fire proof, i dont know if my helmet is FIA standard, whats M & H tires?, i dont have a fire extinguisher, i dont have a fuel cell, i dont have an electric cut off switch, mejo over yata yung requirements for pro class, 11 sec is not that fast naman, stock 911 turbo goes 10.2sec.

CLASSES

Super Pro Class    10.99 and quicker (applicable only @ Clark International Speedway)
Pro Class   11.00 sec – 12.49 sec
Expert Class   12.50 sec – 13.99 sec
Sportsman Class   14.00 sec – 15.99 sec
Hotstreet Class   16.00 sec and slower

ALL DRIVERS RUNNING 13.99 SECOND AND QUICKER MUST SECURE AAP RACING LICENSE.

GENERAL SPECIFICATION

SEAT BELT
Super Pro and Pro Class - 5 point 3" wide belt FIA standard.
All other classes (Expert, Sportsman & Hotstreet) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or equal quick release type driver seat belt.

RACING SUIT
Super Pro and Pro Class - FIA Standard fire proof. 
All other classes (12.50 sec. and below) are require to wear overall suit.

HELMETS
Super Pro and Pro Class - FIA standard. 
Other classes must meet Philippine standard (helmets with ICC stickers).

HANS DEVICE / FIA APPROVE
Super Pro class – mandatory (must wear at all times)

TIRES
For Expert, Pro and Super Pro Class – M & H Tires
Other classes, any tires but must be in good condition.

FIRE EXTINGUISHER
Super Pro and Pro Class - Mandatory (with piping as per FIA safety specification) with cable control inside the cockpit and outside the car and "E" sticker.

BATTERIES
Gel type or acid type allowed if trunk mounted and securely mounted.  No acid type batteries allowed within the drivers cockpit/compartment in any class.

FUEL LINES / FUEL CELLS
No fuel lines are allowed in the driver's cockpit/compartment in any class.  Fuel cells are required in Super Pro and Pro Class.

ELECTRICAL CUT OFF   
An Electrical cut off switch is mandatory and must be clearly marked for all Super Pro and     Pro Class only.

OIL SYSTEM
Accusump, drysump, oil lines, tanks etc. are prohibited in the driver's compartment.

PARACHUTES
Required on all cars exceeding 150 MPH.  If the car is equipped with 4 wheel disc brakes and the driver can demonstrate to the officials that the car can safely stop within the shutdown area can be exempted from this requirements.

ROLL BARS / DRIVERS CAGE
Mandatory to all SUPER PRO & PRO class drivers.
You ask any ricer, any serious ricer. It doesn't matter if the other guy is racing or not. A win is a win

Initial_B

Quote from: SR71Blackbird on April 27, 2011, 06:09:02 PM
@Initial_B and nemo
Let's talk about this over a cup of coffee. Hope we can come up with something detachable. I trust your craftmanshop and discipline on specs over something which we don't know where it came from.

Please let me know once it gets into production.   ;)

I'm planning to start next week, ill probably use 1.5 inch sch 40 tubing, and use a cusco rollcage as a template because it is detachable.

nemo

April 27, 2011, 08:28:35 PM #24 Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:33:09 PM by nemo
yikes, lengthy list of requirements and those are not cheap. hehe

anyway, i'm sure you know people that race in pro class and super pro! baka may provisions sa rules where they are lenient in certain requirements.

1.5" sounds good.

nemo

Quote from: Initial_B on April 27, 2011, 06:21:41 PM
The regulations just says roll cage mandatory. I guess the bolt on type would be ok, I was hoping to run in Pro Class with slicks but looks like ill stick to Expert class because, my seat belt is only 4 point, my racing suit is not fire proof, i dont know if my helmet is FIA standard, whats M & H tires?, i dont have a fire extinguisher, i dont have a fuel cell, i dont have an electric cut off switch, mejo over yata yung requirements for pro class, 11 sec is not that fast naman, stock 911 turbo goes 10.2sec.

did a quick search on google for "M&H". Apparently they are a brand of drag tires:
http://mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=66&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click

It's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to safety regulations. organizers do not want their events to be labeled "lethal" or hit headlines with "Drag racer severely injured in BRC drag race". stock is usually safer than heavily modified vehicles (given both have no safety mods), the entire vehicle has been engineered with a certain power output in mind.

mahal lang nga talaga to be safe. it's a sad truth, and ironic in a way.

if you really need FIA homologated suits, you can get cheap ones from the states. depends lang on how many layers of nomex the event requires. helmets naman i searched before and found some at under $200 USD. sparco, simpson and bell are good brands. just check when the FIA stamp will expire.

baka pwede yung mga eBay fuel cells. some DIYer's in the states got their tanks under $100USD. i guess they got lucky?

chrisboy

if you got something too for ee90... i'm interested :)

btw, father in law told my wife he wants to make our 101 a "race car" hehehe yari! :)

SR71Blackbird

Quote from: chrisboy on April 28, 2011, 03:35:15 AM
if you got something too for ee90... i'm interested :)

btw, father in law told my wife he wants to make our 101 a "race car" hehehe yari! :)

Hey, I'm lost.  :dontknow:

Oh Sh!t I'm Late Again!!!

chrisboy

Quote from: SR71Blackbird on April 28, 2011, 05:39:11 AM
Hey, I'm lost.  :dontknow:

ako rin eh :) i'm just interested with the proposition of putting roll cage sa auto ko. hehehe malay mo di ko na talaga sya ibenta :)

as for the 101, my wife has a 101... matic. eh gusto gawin ng erpat nya race car, i guess he's thinking of a dedicated track car. so at least if you guys push through with the 101 roll cage, i can probably start with his race car. if he's really interested, there's a 3sge in the candyshop waiting for a ride . i'll float the idea to him if ever :)

nemo

hehe there's much more kasi than just putting in bars inside the vehicle's cabin. some may look good, but may perform poorly in the event of an accident or a rollover (hence the term "roll" cage).

problem with off the shelf bolt-on cages (Cusco), is that they are not subject to FIA approval and no sanctioning body would approve of it's design. It has lots of unnecessary bends in its tubing, and anchor points to the chassis are poorly designed and mostly in the wrong area!

There was an incident in the USA where a mustang with a bolt-on roll cage rolled over and the cage just punched through the flooring rendering the cage useless when it rolled over.

So, what am I trying to say? Well, bolt-on cages aren't the most ideal but they CAN be designed to be safe. Of course permanent roll cages are the best to attain optimum chassis stiffening and crash safety, but that wouldn't be ideal for you guys since you use your cars for everyday use.

But please take note that you will have to drill and weld onto your chassis some mounting points for the cage.

|