• Welcome to Car Forums Philippines - AutoIndustriya.com. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2020, 02:02:43 AM

News:

Please keep the forum spam free. No advertisement posts in the forums.

subby forester

Started by chrisboy, April 21, 2011, 04:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

chrisboy

family is growing. im thinking of selling my corolla in a year or less and getting subby forester, local sf5 lang. pwede kaya pang laro minsan yun?

Initial_B

Quote from: rt140se on April 17, 2011, 07:48:56 pm

SUBARU = BASURA 

;D  :rofl:
You ask any ricer, any serious ricer. It doesn't matter if the other guy is racing or not. A win is a win

rt140se

Quote from: Initial_B on April 21, 2011, 06:51:56 AM
Quote from: rt140se on April 17, 2011, 07:48:56 pm

SUBARU = BASURA 

;D  :rofl:

Benj =  :violent1:

pepeng to.. ipapahamak mo pa ko. :rofl:

SR71Blackbird

Quote from: chrisboy on April 21, 2011, 04:47:14 AM
family is growing. im thinking of selling my corolla in a year or less and getting subby forester, local sf5 lang. pwede kaya pang laro minsan yun?

Why not wait a little, maintain the Corolla and get the Forester later on.  ::)

Hmmm... WAIT!!!

Are we talking about the same family whom we knew OR you're trying to confess of the nth family whom we have not met yet? Enlighten us please.
:rofl:
Oh Sh!t I'm Late Again!!!

Bluedevil_ZZ

kaya pala last time sa Starbucks your thinking about the Forester.. may plano ka pala...hehe! takaw gas yan.. hehe!

chrisboy

ehem... isa lang po ang pamilya ko. one and the only original lang :) wala po akong sinusundan sa mga yapak ninyong nagmamadali para lumaki ang angkan hehehehe :)

@rick... belated happy bday. medyo matagal na ako nagiisip eh. aside from the gas i assume pati yung consumables medyo aray sa presyo. but sabi naman ni boss shags, ok daw yung subaru.

rt140se

Quote from: chrisboy on April 22, 2011, 02:52:41 AM
ehem... isa lang po ang pamilya ko. one and the only original lang :) wala po akong sinusundan sa mga yapak ninyong nagmamadali para lumaki ang angkan hehehehe :)

@rick... belated happy bday. medyo matagal na ako nagiisip eh. aside from the gas i assume pati yung consumables medyo aray sa presyo. but sabi naman ni boss shags, ok daw yung subaru.

i just find it funny na laging lakas sa gas ang reply ni ricky boy. as if naman walang sasakyan na di gumagamit ng petrol. wala din naman syang prius...

anyway, if i have the resources to get one, i'll do it. practicality wise and gain wise, not to mention that your goal leans to the family's benefit.

meron naman 2nd car sila chef and i've been observing his decision making moves since i've come to know him and i think its all right. he know's what he's doing.

pero pano naman yug malibu natin chef? push back muna or totally wala na?

moving on, all subarus share the same platform. more often than not, all parts apply for the same range of year models. most parts are interchangeable. as for upgrades, i think its still the same for all.

and what makes subarus reign supreme is their build quality. fact, NONE of the locally sold subarus had any warranty claim. NONE. so this IS something to consider.

chrisboy

Quote from: rt140se on April 22, 2011, 03:29:36 AM
i just find it funny na laging lakas sa gas ang reply ni ricky boy. as if naman walang sasakyan na di gumagamit ng petrol. wala din naman syang prius...

anyway, if i have the resources to get one, i'll do it. practicality wise and gain wise, not to mention that your goal leans to the family's benefit.

meron naman 2nd car sila chef and i've been observing his decision making moves since i've come to know him and i think its all right. he know's what he's doing.

pero pano naman yug malibu natin chef? push back muna or totally wala na?

moving on, all subarus share the same platform. more often than not, all parts apply for the same range of year models. most parts are interchangeable. as for upgrades, i think its still the same for all.

and what makes subarus reign supreme is their build quality. fact, NONE of the locally sold subarus had any warranty claim. NONE. so this IS something to consider.

the malibu is pushed to the back burner... way back :)

im looking for a win win situation actually. we have 2 cars, well not really ours technically but you know what i mean. i definitely need a big car for the family, hence the forester option. selling one car is definitely needed to get the sf5. if i sell my rolla, i'll get a manual forester which i can use for track hopefully. if we're selling the wife's car, we'll get the matic forester which she will be driving and i'll stick with my war car.

where does the malibu figure in? if we're getting the forester, i have to sell my war car to get the malibu. im only "entitled" to have 1 toy. so its either the war car or the gas guzzling, 4 drum brake, 350 ci v8, 4 door, all stock, chevelle malibu which, back in the 90's, was being run in omni dragstrip together with big boys :) i saw a video of its runs and i was suprised to see that its the same car! i thought that its just a grocery getter but instead it was a freaking quarter mile grocery getter!

anyway, everything's up in the air still.

bosstl

chris.. just like what we have talked of before... just buy the CRV of your byenan (for a good price), and sell the puti (syempre since the car is owned by your byenan di, bigay mo na lang pinagbentahan). that way you can keep your car pa and aimee can still use an AT vehicle (CRV).

may kamahalan kasi imaintain yung forester.
>>> http://www.cardomain.com/id/bosstl <<<
say my name...booosss...tiii...eeeelll

chrisboy

Quote from: bosstl on April 22, 2011, 05:27:03 AM
chris.. just like what we have talked of before... just buy the CRV of your byenan (for a good price), and sell the puti (syempre since the car is owned by your byenan di, bigay mo na lang pinagbentahan). that way you can keep your car pa and aimee can still use an AT vehicle (CRV).

may kamahalan kasi imaintain yung forester.

di nila ibebenta yun eh. that's the first option actually. i told my wife if ibebenta ng ermats nya yung crv but mukhang hindi eh. nagagamit namin yung crv minsan kaso may sakit ng ulo din na kasama. tinotopak ng over heat minsan eh. tapos mukhang malapit na mag OH yun. some rattling underneath too.

siguro pag dating nung mga inlaws ko baka maisipan nila ibenta but again malabo yun :)

SR71Blackbird

April 22, 2011, 08:08:37 AM #10 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:16:17 AM by SR71Blackbird
My stand remains the same:
- maintain the Corolla (get the most from the recent upgrade made)
- wait a little to save (not unless your kids multiply faster than the bunnies  :D )
- and get the Forester.  :thumbsup:

Ganda di ba?  ;D

On saving gas?...
Nothing beats of not using the car and get back to public transport.  ;)

Oh Sh!t I'm Late Again!!!

Paul

April 22, 2011, 09:27:46 AM #11 Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:29:20 AM by Paul
if i may add my 0.2 cents, if you're gonna get an SF for the daily grind with a little track duty it can only handle one, the daily grind. assuming you're getting a local n/a one. maintenance-wise, it's not really that expensive. sure some parts would definitely cost more than a toyota but there a other parts that are reasonably priced. heck i even use vic oil filter on mine.

rt140se is correct in saying that most parts between models are interchangeable. the only ones that will not fit into the SF are parts from the newer ones (post '07 models).

there's an SF being sold at subaruclub.ph. i think it's manual tranny with '04 sti susupension takeoffs. here's pics:

i'm just gonna repost the seller's post 'coz i don't think you can access the thread unless you sign in.

Testing waters.

Selling my 2002 Subaru Forester
91k  mileage, Local unit
A/T, 2.0
STI Suspension – '04 JDM Struts/Springs takeoff
STI Carbon Fiber Strutbar
STI Axleback – Forester specific
STI Radiator Cap
OEM Digital Gauge Pack - compass, altimeter
OEM Foglights
OEM Rear Foglights with oem switch
OEM Rear spoiler
Customized honeycomb grill
Stock mags
nothing to fix.
comes with all stock parts.

Price: P490k

Back to stock: P450K

NOTE: 18" Rays CE28NF Mags/ AD07 Tires in the picture not included - can be sold separately

Send me a PM or reach me at 0922-378-0922

also just to clarify, it's not mine and i'm not the seller. :)

chrisboy

paul, very nice! thanks for the input. i got this notion that it takes so much for the subarus to break down. not that im not gonna take care of it if i get one. just want to know if its true. :)

Paul

in my 8 years of ownership of an SG5 forester, nothing has broken down (except for a rat having an appetite for my knock sensor). would you believe that i'm still on my stock struts? it's paired with forester sti pink springs and still seem to be fine. replaced parts are mostly consumables (plus upgrade parts). i just put in a k&n filter para wash na lang. i guess it holds true that it would take some beating for it to break down.

performance-wise, i guess i you don't expect too much from it then you'll not be let down. turbo and n/a are literally worlds apart. pero handling-wise, nothing this side of compact-suv will out-handle it even on stock suspension.

n00n00

|